Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jethro Tull Aqualung quad
815KObhAhEL._AC_SL1425_.jpg

This isn't so much of a review of an album which has graced my collection since its release in 2003 by Warner Music but a reassessment of it's sonic impact via my new system. Never did I imagine when I popped it in my player last night that I would hear in state of the art lucid detail every nuance of this astounding 5.1 remix including gut pounding deep deep bass from the rear channels [all self amplified with built in phase aligned SUBWOOFERS] which I had previously NEVER experienced. While all the focus lately has been on ATMOS from either streaming services or via BD~A, I can report that heard on my new system ..... this MLP DVD~A 5.1 which is out of this world DISCRETELY IMMERSIVE from Note One has become my new DEMO disc and of course the absolute bonus is the LIP'S musical compositions and cleverly dispersed melodies and lyrics which are a veritable BLAST! And another feather in the cap of 5.1 remix engineer Elliot Scheiner assisted by Dave Fridmann who, together, have created an extraordinary otherworldly sonic landscape rivalling and in some cases SURPASSING, IMO, any surround remixes in recent memory!

Primary

VERY VERY PRETTY IN PINK

Last edited:
This isn't so much of a review of an album which has graced my collection since its release in 2003 by Warner Music but a reassessment of it's sonic impact via my new system. Never did I imagine when I popped it in my player last night that I would hear in state of the art lucid detail every nuance of this astounding 5.1 remix including gut pounding deep deep bass from the rear channels [all self amplified with built in phase aligned SUBWOOFERS] which I had previously NEVER experienced. While all the focus lately has been on ATMOS from either streaming services or via BD~A, I can report that heard on my new system ..... this MLP DVD~A 5.1 which is out of this world DISCRETELY IMMERSIVE from Note One has become my new DEMO disc and of course the absolute bonus is the LIP'S musical compositions and cleverly dispersed melodies and lyrics which are a veritable BLAST! And another feather in the cap of 5.1 remix engineer Elliot Scheiner assisted by Dave Fridmann who, together, have created an extraordinary otherworldly sonic landscape rivalling and in some cases SURPASSING, IMO, any surround remixes in recent memory!

Primary

VERY VERY PRETTY IN PINK
The Meridians are tri-amped? I think they are, so an amp per speaker, and they will have been optimised for each speaker.

The Meridians are tri-amped? I think they are, so an amp per speaker, and they will have been optimised for each speaker.
YESIREE, Dunc. Each speaker has 750 watts of Class A power and my two side Meridian speakers each have 100 watts as well ...... And I was told that Meridian has a newer model out with MORE POWER but they can keep them .... at $125K per pair! Maybe I'll spring for them in my NEXT LIFE...when I'm a Dictator in a third world Country!

Last edited:
Luckily I don't have cat :p
Sadly, mine just passed and I had her cremated. And when I go to the beyond, I will be entombed in a niche with the cremains of my three beloved felines with the inscription: "I LOVE 🐱 ......" and their names, Edgar Plith Ellingham, Garth and Lit'l NAS...aka Bridget Jones! Sniff!💐

🎼 LOOK FOR THE SILVER LINING 🎼 Three highly discrete Silverline/Associated labels MLP DVD~A 5.1 discs which sound amazing on my system but are ALL highly eclectic in nature and according to your individual tastes may or may not entice you! Personally, LOVE them ALL! Exceptional sonics on ALL, as well!

https://www.discogs.com/release/19311943-Rambient-So-Many-Worlds
Primary

BJ Cole TROUBLE IN PARADISE
https://www.discogs.com/release/6250723-BJ-Cole-Trouble-In-Paradise
Primary

https://www.discogs.com/release/4479712-Jackie-Leven-Shining-Brother-Shining-Sister
Primary

Last edited:
Back