Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brilliant album but strange thing is it shows every song as track 1 on my player
image.jpg

Stephen Michael Schwartz

1974 RCA CD-4
*Rock Pop, I'm feeling this is in the same category (but obviously not as popular) as Loggins and Messina, Cat Stevens, Billy Joel etc...
Recording and Mix Engineer: Rick Ruggieri
Stephen Michael Schwartz-Quad (CD-4).jpg

Stephen Michael Schwartz

1974 RCA CD-4
*Rock Pop, I'm feeling this is in the same category (but obviously not as popular) as Loggins and Messina, Cat Stevens, Billy Joel etc...
Recording and Mix Engineer: Rick Ruggieri
View attachment 101505

That was fun. I bet it's even better in surround. I'm guessing you ripped the FLAC from the vinyl...excellent.

Robert Spano conducting the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra: World Premier Recording of Michael Gandolfi's THE GARDEN OF COSMIC SPECULATION [TELARC/PURE DSD Recording/Multi~CH SACD 5.1]

When TELARC announced they were ceasing production of SACDs, they had a big blow out sale and I picked up this title and filed it away .... until early AM when I popped it into my OPPO 205 Universal player and fired up my new system which I'm gradually breaking in.

YOWSA: First and foremost ... it sounds like a soundtrack to a movie that was never made. Sonically, superb and extremely discrete, I actually jumped out of my recliner theater seating from the sheer force of the recording .... A few sections were bombastic in nature....while other tracks were serene with the discrete sounds of chirping birds.

If you want an album which is surreal in nature and will tax your system.....THIS IS IT!

https://www.discogs.com/release/155...ny-Orchestra-The-Garden-Of-Cosmic-Speculation

Michael Gandolfi - The Garden Of Cosmic Speculation [SACD] - Amazon.com ...

That was fun. I bet it's even better in surround. I'm guessing you ripped the FLAC from the vinyl...excellent.
Yep, sounds great for sure; some fairly subtle sections in there also that came out nicely. It sounds much better than that crappy YouTube clip!
via - Marantz CD 400-B Demodulator and a new cart.; an AT VM750SH (Shibata)

Back