Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Continuing my 'exploration' of Camel's massive AIR BORN box set which covers Camel's extensive MCA and Decca Years, MOONMADNESS, recorded in 1976 with the original line up of Andrew Latimer, Peter Bardens, Doug Ferguson and Andy Ward and presented in a gorgeous new BD~A 5.1 remix [LPCM 5.1 96/24] by Stephen W. Tayler is MINDBLOWING. I have this disc via UMG Japan's Stereo SHM~SACD and there is little comparison..... Wildly discrete with unimagined clarity, THIS IS THE VERSION TO OWN!
Primary

NOT A CREATURE WAS STIRRING....NOT EVEN AN ATMOUSE 🐀 WRONG!

Booka Shade's 2006 album MOVEMENTS gets the deluxe ATMOS treatment from
remix engineer Fritz Hilbert and if you want to show off the new technology to your friends, by all means spin this. It will plumb the very bowels of your sound system, rattling the rafters, turning your space into a 360° surround environment and put a big smile on your face.

Primary

To be honest, I didn't really listen to it yet. I was just checking my rip to make sure it was all correct...was having some issues with the whole process.
That one sits on the shelf for me. I was significantly unimpressed. Was curious to see your thoughts as maybe its just me.
Some day when time permits Ill give it another chance

Back