Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg

What a GIFT from the folks at Rhino! This album has long been on my MUST HAVE QUAD list and as I've never owned the QUAD Vinyl equivalent, with this latest QUADIO release that long wait is finally over.

How does it sound ..... In a WORD ...... SENSATIONAL. And what I've always loved about this album ..... NO FILLER ..... Just PRIME KOBI BEEF!
WAR_Ghetto_Quadio.png

Jethro Tull AQUALUNG [Chrysalis/Box set with BD~A Steve Wilson 5.1 remix/DTS~HD MA 5.1/96/24]

I just came down from the mountain reveling in this absolutely stunning Steve Wilson 5.1 remix of Tull's iconic mastepiece AQUALUNG! Just played it at 83db on my new system and it was really like hearing it for the very first time .... I KNOW, THAT'S KIND OF A CLICHE ...BUT REALLY....And it really makes one wonder why all subsequent TULL 5.1 remixes were relegated to LOSSY DTS/DD 5.1 codecs ...... A Cryin' Shame since this BD~A eclipses those lossy codecs by miles and miles AND MILES!

And the nice thing ...even my side amplified Meridian speakers were discretely active and made me jump several times.

I'm beyond one happy camper with this astounding BD~A and I can see it being in heavy rotation .........

And there should be a LAW that ALL STEVE WILSON SURROUND REMIXES be released in LOSSLESS BD~A codecs! Thankfully, ALL his ATMOS remixes have to be!

Primary

Last edited:
Jethro Tull AQUALUNG [Chrysalis/Box set with BD~A Steve Wilson 5.1 remix/DTS~HD MA 5.1/96/24]

I just came down from the mountain reveling in this absolutely stunning Steve Wilson 5.1 remix of Tull's iconic mastepiece AQUALUNG! Just played it at 83db on my new system and it was really like hearing it for the very first time .... I KNOW, THAT'S KIND OF A CLICHE ...BUT REALLY....And it really makes one wonder why all subsequent TULL 5.1 remixes were relegated to LOSSY DTS/DD 5.1 codecs ...... A Cryin' Shame since this BD~A eclipses those lossy codecs by miles and miles AND MILES!

And the nice thing ...even my side amplified Meridian speakers were discretely active and made me jump several times.

I'm beyond one happy camper with this astounding BD~A and I can see it being in heavy rotation .........

And there should be a LAW that ALL STEVE WILSON SURROUND REMIXES be released in LOSSLESS BD~A codecs! Thankfully, ALL his ATMOS remixes have to be!

Primary
This album was that close to not being released as a blu-ray DTS~HD MA 5.1/96/24] back in 2011. Steven himself announced at the time that in would only be a LOSSY DTS/DD, Then people started writing in to EMI and they changed their mind.

I much prefer the 5.1 DVD in the 2016 Aqualung "Adapted Edition" as it removes Peter Mew's unnecessary mastering EQ, plus audio dropouts in "Cross-Eyed Mary" and at least other track. The book-sized edition also includes several bonus tracks in 5.1 that aren't on the Blu-Ray.

I much prefer the 5.1 DVD in the 2016 Aqualung "Adapted Edition" as it removes Peter Mew's unnecessary mastering EQ, plus audio dropouts in "Cross-Eyed Mary" and at least other track. The book-sized edition also includes several bonus tracks in 5.1 that aren't on the Blu-Ray.
Hopefully, in the future Jonathan ALL those lossy TULL DVD~Vs will be upgraded to Dolby Atmos including your preferred Aqualung! I would gladly buy them ALL and just replace the lossy DVD~Vs in the booklet with the blu rays! There's really no need to replace those stunning Tull hard bound booklets and stand alone BD~As would be much preferred...and cost effective!

Back