Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pink Floyd - Momentary Lapse of Reason (Blu Ray 5.1)
Upmixed to ATMOS

MTgtODk0Ny5qcGVn.jpeg

Yesterday was the 55th anniversary of the cover photo of Abbey Road.

Soon it will be the 5th anniversary of the Giles Martin Atmos mix.
Listening now, it is a masterpiece, despite mudslinging at the time by armchair critics.

In light of the thousands of Atmos mixes that have followed, I am astounded by how hot & dynamic the mix is, before the Apple Music edicts on maximum amplitude? 🍏 ☮️

1723210749411.jpeg

1723210807043.jpeg

Jethro Tull Aqualung Adapted 5.1

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/thre...d-by-steven-wilson.246874/page-3#post-6607374
Living in the past:
About the Aqualung remix, this was all done at 96K and in particular the new stereo mix is something that I'm very proud of, since the recording was not done under the best circumstances (though what's on tape is better than the original mix would suggest). Having failed to get EMI to go Blu-Ray on this (which is the high res audio format I'm moving to for a forthcoming solo record), I'm still urging them to at least do a DVDA. The problem with the major labels is that although there are genuine music lovers still in these companies, they are beholden to the accountants who run things. This was not an issue with Crimson reissues because Robert owns all the copyrights, so we could do what we wanted with them. I'm going to pursue the idea of somehow trying to make the high res formats available if the companies won't do it, but don't hold your breath - there's a lot of bureaucracy involved. - Steven Wilson 2011

Yesterday was the 55th anniversary of the cover photo of Abbey Road.

Soon it will be the 5th anniversary of the Giles Martin Atmos mix.
Listening now, it is a masterpiece, despite mudslinging at the time by armchair critics.

In light of the thousands of Atmos mixes that have followed, I am astounded by how hot & dynamic the mix is, before the Apple Music edicts on maximum amplitude? 🍏 ☮️

View attachment 108303

View attachment 108304

I've alwyas loved the ATMOS mix from day one.

Back