Losing my mind trying to burn gapless audio to DVD-Video...any advice?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YellowMoon

Hello, new member here, having a really hard time with figuring this out. Im trying to burn CD quality albums to a DVD-V so I can have full discographies (or most of them) on 1 or 2 DVDs. My blu-ray player doesn't support DVD-A sadly. I tried Audio DVD Creator, which worked wonders outside of the fact that i cannot get it to make gapless ISOs for the life of me, and I got an old version of Cirlinca High-definition Audio Studio Ultra 3.3 running on a Windows XP virtual machine, but the page to get the DVD-Video plugin is down, and i doubt itd be on the Wayback Machine even if it wasnt under maintenence. The only thing I was able to get working was AudioMuxer, but i have to manually convert the CD rips to 16/48 and it takes an insanely long time to even make the ISO once i've done that. Any advice? Anyone happen to have the ZIP for that Cirlinca plugin?

Something else i wanted to mention, not using this for pirated music, everything im trying to get onto DVD-V has no CD release, ive already bought the vinyl and cassette releases where applicable, just want a digital version to put in the setup in my bedroom. I sadly dont own a good DAP, so this is the next best thing I can think of.

Wayback machine is back up, the file sadly isnt there but i was able to get the name of it, DVDAuthorEnhancementPack.zip, anyone happen to have it?

I used to use Audio DVD Creator all the time but as computers became faster and hard drives became larger I simply saved everything to the hard drive. Just playback via the computer's sound card.

A couple of years ago I revisited Audio DVD Creator, my intent was to burn discs to play in my truck. I burned a couple discs but then changed out the deck in the truck to one which wouldn't play the discs. It would play AC-3 but not PCM.

Along the way I discovered a similar program Music DVD Creator but was unable to purchase a licence for it despite the links on the site still working. It took the company that collects the licence fee for the software company awhile (over a month) to determine that Blaze Video was now defunct.

As for not being gapless, I don't recall that but I can well imagine. The gapless problem has come up many times with many different applications. The solution is usually to create one large file with a cue sheet. I don't think Audio DVD Creator supports that.

I tried to fire up Audio DVD Creator on my computer and for some reason it is no longer working.

Roxio has the ability to create Audio-DVD discs. I'm using Roxio Creator 2010 Pro. I dismissed using it previously as if you select "Create DVD Music Discs" it is rather basic and converts audio to AC-3. If you select "Create Music Disc Projects" instead you have access to more features and under settings can select PCM. I successfully burned a disc last night but haven't play tested it yet. Is it gapless, likely not and I see no way to load a cue sheet.

I used to use Audio DVD Creator all the time but as computers became faster and hard drives became larger I simply saved everything to the hard drive. Just playback via the computer's sound card.

A couple of years ago I revisited Audio DVD Creator, my intent was to burn discs to play in my truck. I burned a couple discs but then changed out the deck in the truck to one which wouldn't play the discs. It would play AC-3 but not PCM.

Along the way I discovered a similar program Music DVD Creator but was unable to purchase a licence for it despite the links on the site still working. It took the company that collects the licence fee for the software company awhile (over a month) to determine that Blaze Video was now defunct.

As for not being gapless, I don't recall that but I can well imagine. The gapless problem has come up many times with many different applications. The solution is usually to create one large file with a cue sheet. I don't think Audio DVD Creator supports that.

I tried to fire up Audio DVD Creator on my computer and for some reason it is no longer working.

Roxio has the ability to create Audio-DVD discs. I'm using Roxio Creator 2010 Pro. I dismissed using it previously as if you select "Create DVD Music Discs" it is rather basic and converts audio to AC-3. If you select "Create Music Disc Projects" instead you have access to more features and under settings can select PCM. I successfully burned a disc last night but haven't play tested it yet. Is it gapless, likely not and I see no way to load a cue sheet.
Thank you for the information, yeah im starting to realize that im probably better off doing it as 1 big file per album since Audio DVD Creator wont do gapless for me, thankfully its very easy to do that in foobar2000. I usually listen to full albums, maybe skipping 1 or 2 tracks if its one i dont like so i dont mind having to fast forward or whatever. Ill see if I have luck with Roxio, and ill do some research on Music DVD Creator too. I was thinking of getting a motherboard that has an SPDIF output and making a small PC build that i can hook into my reciever through optical or coaxial and just using that, but im broke as hell so thats why i kinda wanted to go the DVD-V route haha. I REALLY need to get a nice Oppo blu-ray player that can play DVD-A and all the other formats i want to be able to play, thats honestly probably my best option for a next step here.

Ok wait...I was able to track down a version of Roxio Creator Pro 2011, and doing this SEEMS to give me gapless audio, but its kinda hard to tell as VLC isnt amazing at playing dvd isos on my end Im 99% sure this is doing exactly what I want it to do, just need to get a DVD-R and burn a test disc to make sure, it plays gaplessly on VLC sometimes but sometimes it doesnt, i think that may be a quirk with VLC rather than the program. Thank you so much for mentioning Roxio!!!!! Never heard of the program before and this is quite useful in general.
EDIT: IT ***IS*** playing gapless! Thank you!!! Here's a full tutorial for anyone else who may want to do this:

Music/Audio-->Create-->Create Music Disc Projects

Once you click this, under Project Type, click DVD Music Disc. After that, click Project Settings, once you click that, youre gonna see a dropdown menu that says "Audio Format", click that and click "Uncompressed audio (PCM)"

After you do that, you may need to re-add any tags for what you're burning, as for some reason it wont read tags on my end, it does have an automatic tag adder that i havent seen any issues with yet.

Only real issue here is that for whatever reason it refuses to accept 24bit files, which for me thats fine, as 16bit through my blu-ray player still sounds better than 24bit through the line out on my DAP, but that may bother others.

Last edited:
Only real issue here is that for whatever reason it refuses to accept 24bit files, which for me thats fine, as 16bit through my blu-ray player still sounds better than 24bit through the line out on my DAP, but that may bother others.
I noticed that as well. As I recall Audio DVD creator did allow 24bit files, I remember burning a disc a couple of years ago with hi-rez audio but playing time was short. Sticking with CD quality you can fit about ten (uncompressed) albums on one DVD disc.

I guess that most people don't bother to make these type discs anymore. Ten or fifteen years ago there were a glut of similar type programs available, now they are hard to find. Something similar that works with Blu-ray discs would be great! I haven't checked newer versions of Roxio or of Nero.

Back