Losing my mind trying to burn gapless audio to DVD-Video...any advice?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Read his first post. He wants to be able to archive his CD's to a few DVD's to be able to conveniently play them via his Blu-ray player. I assume that the player has no means of connecting a flash drive or USB hard drive or network with the music files on it. Also he is on a limited budget.
I did read the post...

I'm simply interested to know what other storage methods he's tried. And now you've mentioned it, the make and model of Blu-ray player too.

Just so people know... Even though it may not be stated within the players user manual, many players support playback of .mp3 files burned as data files onto CD-R or even DVD~R media.

I did read the post...

I'm simply interested to know what other storage methods he's tried. And now you've mentioned it, the make and model of Blu-ray player too.

Just so people know... Even though it may not be stated within the players user manual, many players support playback of .mp3 files burned as data files onto CD-R or even DVD~R media.
I think that he wanted uncompressed files.

With those programs we have mentioned you can burn as Dolby AC3 for long playing times if desired.

Yes there are other solutions but still Audio DVD's are so cool. I would like to see a Blu-ray version, perhaps one exists?

I think that he wanted uncompressed files.
Hmmm, perhaps we could do with more detailed info from @YellowMoon. Along with his gear. MP3 encoded at 320kbps is pretty transparent...

I would like to see a Blu-ray version, perhaps one exists?
It is possible to create Blu-ray audio discs using TSmuxer GUI (without menus). I made a test sample last year.

As with any Blu-ray disc, the video needs to be spec compliant (I created a black video stream). The audio can be lossless PCM encoded at 48/16 at a bare minimum. And 'chapter' navigation points for each track can be created manually.

Back