The Who - Who’s Next SDE series no. 30 (January 17th, 2025)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking today that it would be fantastic (for those of us living in the USA) if SDE would announce and release two titles at a time. This would allow us to potentially purchase more than one title and save $$ on shipping. I'm assuming this would help others that don't live in Europe as well.
Agree. Shipping to Nashville from UK is almost the price of a CD.

I have the same issue with NOW Music. I'll pre-order a new collection, then a day or two later, they announce another collection and I can't combine the two orders into one shipment. Maddening.

Probably no one has noticed yet, but today this message from Paul appeared on twitter:
I didn't make a big point of it when we announced it, but the (now sold out) SDE-exclusive blu-ray of #DuranDuran's 'Danse Macabre De Luxe' is actually the first release on our own label: SDE Records! It's out today! We are planning more releases for 2025. Thanks for your support

You're not kidding. Truly I am lucky to be in a position to support my hobbies. Many retirees are still working because the have to in order to pay the electric bill!
Most of the retirees I know that are still working are doing so because they drive their spouses crazy. I'm still contemplating whether to buy this one or not given that I have the hernia-inducing big box. :unsure:

I've been retired for nearly 5 years with a very good pension, but starting next year it will be reduced with over 30%. So I will have to cut back on ordering Atmos music on BD, especially from SDE as I basically pay VAT twice ordering from them and their shipping price is also to high.
Listened to this on Apple Music, an as the mix is very good, I found that I only really like the first and the last song.:unsure: So this will be the first victim of my new buying regime.;)

Although I certainly want this disc, the fact that it won’t actually be available for almost three months is keeping me from pre-ordering. I don’t understand the marketing appeal of putting your money down then waiting that long.

That, and now the concern over a credit card breach is making me wait.

Although I certainly want this disc, the fact that it won’t actually be available for almost three months is keeping me from pre-ordering. I don’t understand the marketing appeal of putting your money down then waiting that long.

That, and now the concern over a credit card breach is making me wait.

It's not about the appeal but making things manageable for a small-scale operation. This makes the exact demand known, money available upfront and allows enough time for production. It's actually quite genius from Paul that he was able to work out a viable model for a (comparatively) 'hole-in-the-wall' business in the world of big music labels. It might be rough around the edges with the pre-order windows, inability to combine orders, costs of international orders and now the reports of credit card issues. But it's much better to have the 30 releases and counting available with some limitations than not at all.

Back