Music Media Helper (Tools for Multichannel Audio & Music Videos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your other issue has nothing to do with MMH. You think there should be activity in the top speakers constantly. Take it up with Dolby and the guys that did the mix.
1. What version of DRP are you using?
2. When I export the audio to 7.1.4, the audio comes out perfectly, yet it only apears sporadically when exported to 9.1.6. It's not that I think there should always be activity in the top speakers, it's that the decoder (as in DRP) works perfectly only in certain speaker configurations.
3. I think DRP might be having problems with decoding certain audio tracks to speaker configurations past 7.1.4. So it might be a Dolby issue like you said.
1726471127587.png

1726476756452.png

4. Is there any way you can PM me a link to download the version of DRP that you're using, please?
5. I contacted the Dolby guys about the issue. Hopefully, this issue will finally be sorted out. (If it hasn't already)

Last edited:
Version 8.0.5 Beta 4 (August 17 2024)
-------------
Changes:
Musicbrainz Tagging dialog: MMH now searches for releases using ARTIST AND ALBUM TITLE (no need to pop-up the artist disambiguation dialog) - faster searches
Launcher dialog: Moved Chapter Editor tool from 'Video' section to 'Audio and Video' section
Chapter Editor tool: Now checks for available free disc space before creating a (chapterless) copy of an mka file when creating a CUE file

Fixes:
Musicbrainz Tagging dialog did not return Release Date with specific releases - fixeed

Beta 8.0.5 Beta 4 download link:
https://reva.blob.core.windows.net/mmh8/Beta/MMHInstaller.msi

On 8.0.4 and 8.0.5 Dolby Atmos won't decode. All other formats decode fine. Is there a log file I can submit for analysis?
To be clear, it finds all the atmos files/chapters, and declares split and conversion complete. But nothing appears and it completes in seconds. I'm using native format. If I use m4a it decodes fine.

Last edited:
On 8.0.4 and 8.0.5 Dolby Atmos won't decode. All other formats decode fine. Is there a log file I can submit for analysis?
To be clear, it finds all the atmos files/chapters, and declares split and conversion complete. But nothing appears and it completes in seconds. I'm using native format. If I use m4a it decodes fine.

I’ll take a look later today.

Music Media Helper 8.0.5 Released

** In 8.0.5 beta releases tags saved to MKV/MKA files failed - fixed in final release

Version 8.0.5 (August 21 2024)
-------------
New:
Chapter Editor tool: Now saves Matroska Tags for Musicbrainz lookup data to MKV and MKA files **
Chapter Editor tool: When saving a CUE for MKA file source with Chapters MMH creates a new MMKA without chapters for the CUE (Kodi compatible)
Extract Audio from MKV/MKA tool: Now saves and reads Matroska Tags for Musicbrainz lookup data to MKV/MKA source files with Chapters
Extract Audio from MKV/MKA tool: Now saves Song Titles to Chapter names to MKV/MKA source files with Chapters

Fixes:
The Concert Scraper now saves all performer images to a sub-folder named ".actors" - fixed in 8.0.4a
Performer file names are now 'cleaned' (removing illegal filename characters) and replacing spaces with underscore and double quote to single quote - fixed in 8.0.4a
Scrape Concert Folder tool: Failed if Concert title on TMDB website contained '|' character - fixed in 8.0.4b
Extract Audio from MKV/MKA tool: Splitting MKV to 'Native' failed for TrueHD streams - fixed @spearse

Changes:
Tagging from Musicbrainz dialog: MMH no longer asks for Artist disambiguation (faster searches)
Launcher dialog: Moved Chapter Editor tool from 'Video' section to 'Audio and Video' section
Chapter Editor tool: Now checks for available free disc space before creating a (chapterless) copy of an mka file when creating a CUE file

Updated 3rd party UI controls to latest 24.1.5 - fixed in 8.0.4a
Updated Ffmpeg to 7.0.2 - fixed in 8.0.4b
Updated MKVToolnix to 87.0 fixed in 8.0.4b
Updated PDF docs

Direct link to 8.0.5 installer:
https://reva.blob.core.windows.net/mmh8/MMHInstaller.msi

Try a different album that you know has worked previously.

I have only ever used in MMH:

"Split And Rename Concerts" for my Atmos tagging. MKV to MKV. With JRiver Sidecar.
and
"Extract Audio From MKV" for my MKV to FLAC, everything but Atmos.

The combination of MakeMKV, Music Media Helper, and JRiver has been excellent for me for years.

There are 21 tabs of things MMH can do and I only use 2 of 21 and very happy.

Thank you Garry, can't wait to see how the new: Tagging from Musicbrainz dialog: MMH no longer asks for Artist disambiguation (faster searches) works.

If you think I should really Try-----, let me know, but very comfortable with my style of ripping and playback. But as they say "you don't know what you don't know.

Back