MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray-A, Concert or Music-Related?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The video and audio quality of the Fare Thee Well disc's pretty good[though you have to realize that the video was originally from a webcast so it's not quite as sharp as it could've been but it's still not too bad].

Roger Waters - the Wall (2 disc edition)
I must say that i am very impressed with this disc! I had read so many negative things about it and were just hoping that some of the magic of the concert would come through.
To me this disc gives as good presentation of this concert as you can get from this media form.
There are some moments when you see the audience and they raise the volume of their singing and clapping that can be disturbing but i don´t think they have not done it as annoying as we have many examples of before. But i am not against showing audience reactions. I think it can be quite moving to see the effect the concert gives to people. The important thing is that you don´t miss interesting things happening on stage, but honestly i don´t need to see the band 100% of an concert. It can be quite boring to do that.
I think the surround is great also. I don´t want to suddenly hear instrument loud from the back speakers if that is not how it was done on stage. I think it is enough if i get that sence of filling the room with sound and still have an distinct sound from the instruments.
I bought the 2 disc verson just to get the clip with David Gilmour from the O2 in London. I haven´t checked that disc so much yet but i guess you can live without it. The single bluray is sold at an really good price so if you just are interested in the Concert there is no need to buy the more expensive release.

As I'm new to this forum, I would like to take this opportunity to thank ALL the members for their invaluable contributions to the World of Quadraphonic reproduction.....and beyond!(y)

I'm awaiting: Lou Reed: Berlin LIVE (BD~V), Allman Brothers boxset Idlewild South (BD~A/RBCD), King Crimson THRAK (DVD~A/RBCD), Roger Waters The Wall BD~V (single disc), Judy Collins Colors of the Day (AF/SACD/QUAD), Alice Cooper Muscle of Love (AF/SACD/QUAD) Lyn Stanley Interludes (Stereo SACD)

Speaking of Roger Waters......I finally 'invested' in the DSOTM Immersion Box set as I could NOT live without the much praised Alan Parson's 4.0 QUAD mix in high resolution. As for the marbles, coasters and scarf.........oh well.

Last edited:
Sorry, edisonbaggins.....I just edited my original POST. AmazonUS is charging $23 brand new. But I did see DSOTM (SACD) going for $75 on another site. I originally paid $10 for it at a local Costco.:confused:

Today, the DSOTM Immersion Box set was $72.00 delivered from Deep Discount (with their 15% off promo offer) and includes extra handling fee ($4.99) for bulky parcels.

Last edited:
Roger Waters - The Wall

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 242
Idlewild South - ABB (BDA)
This one sounds good after first listening.
I am pleased that we get the bonus tracks on the BD also and not just on the CD.
Let´s hope this is the way we will have it in the future.

Back