My DIY Audio Scope so far (will update)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wurly AFV #7 has arrived safely, here is the Involve playing SQ rotation tones in QS mode(oops):
Thanks Jean!
I'm happy it arrived safely. Mailing something that cannot be replaced is always cause for concern. Tonight is going to be an hypnotico-accoustic night!
Very interesting how the display react to these test tones.
Have you tried in differential mode?
Thanks!

I'm happy it arrived safely. Mailing something that cannot be replaced is always cause for concern. Tonight is going to be an hypnotico-accoustic night!
Very interesting how the display react to these test tones.
Have you tried in differential mode?
Thanks!
Yes, it will probably be another day or two of hypnosis yet before I even get to differential mode :)
Also like the way SQ encoded material looks on x-stereo mode.

Haha etc mine just arrived a day early, about 10 mins after my wife left for a luncheon. No need to make explanations 😎.

Even without plugging in it is a thing of beauty. I have always made a distinction between simply "home built" vs "custom made" & this certainly fits the latter. I won't have time to play with till the weekend. It will be fun to compare to my Technics quadscope that it will replace.

Oh, yeah, I like the little front panel design framing the handles.

To paraphrase Ally Sheedy a bit, Wurlyscope #5 is alive! It arrived safe and 4-channel sound yesterday. So far I only have had time to enjoy seeing Bill Chase's horn on 'Open Up Wide' visually bounce from lf-rf-rr-lr before the rest of the band spreads itself all over the scope.

I will have more time to play this weekend.

But you should see my big wide grin!

To paraphrase Ally Sheedy a bit, Wurlyscope #5 is alive! It arrived safe and 4-channel sound yesterday. So far I only have had time to enjoy seeing Bill Chase's horn on 'Open Up Wide' visually bounce from lf-rf-rr-lr before the rest of the band spreads itself all over the scope.

I'm very happy you enjoy your new Wurlyscope! :D:51QQ:SB

We want videos, we want videos!

Number 4 has arrived safely and is accounted for. I took a picuture of it with a old Craig 8 track deck running into it. For testing porpoises only of course. My wife said “What are you going to do with that thing?” When she saw it running she was impressed 😀🤪😀. Those Wurlyscopes do it to them every time.

5DFC4CFD-0941-4E90-B3E4-86B88A320985.jpeg

Number 4 has arrived safely and is accounted for. I took a picuture of it with a old Craig 8 track deck running into it. For testing porpoises only of course. My wife said “What are you going to do with that thing?” When she saw it running she was impressed 😀🤪😀. Those Wurlyscopes do it to them every time.

View attachment 68801
Yess!!!

Tell her she is now part of history!

Yess!!!

I don’t want to push my luck as she already thinks that i’m crazy. But she is a good sport about it. Any woman that allows her husband to keep a shortwave radio that weighs over fifty pounds in their bedroom is a real keeper 🙂. She will grow to love the Wurlyscope.......even if she won’t cop to it. The pull is just too strong.

Yess!!!

Speaking of part of history... I noticed when disposing of the shipping box & contents part of the padding was the obituary's from the La Tribune. My sympathy to the family of Albert Veilleux. He looks like he could have been one of us! And then I thought maybe 10 + years from now my newspaper obit will be used to pack something as cool but newer than the Wurlyscope to another surround sound fanatic.

Circle of life, baby! Or surround!

The surround of life!

I just realized that the initials for “Wurly Limited Edition Quadscope” are WLEQ. So I Googled that and sure enough there is/was a FM radio station using that callsign. Also......that is four words/letters. Coincidence or not? It is all adding up now as the convergence of all of these clues is too much to ignore. Maybe if I stare into the display long enough I can find the answers to our most pressing questions? Such as did Elvis really die, and did D.B. Cooper survive his jump from the plane that he hijacked. I am now certain that the Wurlyscope contains all of the clues to life’s biggest mysteries.

But a person needs to have what I call “Wurly Sensory Perception”, or WSP for short, to be able to properly decode the secret messages contained within the display output. Not all have WSP, but I am certain that I do. For only $99.99 I will be available for one-time consultations on a first come, first served basis. Don’t delay as slots are being reserved quickly.

I just realized that the initials for “Wurly Limited Edition Quadscope” are WLEQ. So I Googled that and sure enough there is/was a FM radio station using that callsign. Also......that is four words/letters. Coincidence or not? It is all adding up now as the convergence of all of these clues is too much to ignore. Maybe if I stare into the display long enough I can find the answers to our most pressing questions? Such as did Elvis really die, and did D.B. Cooper survive his jump from the plane that he hijacked. I am now certain that the Wurlyscope contains all of the clues to life’s biggest mysteries.

But a person needs to have what I call “Wurly Sensory Perception”, or WSP for short, to be able to properly decode the secret messages contained within the display output. Not all have WSP, but I am certain that I do. For only $99.99 I will be available for one-time consultations on a first come, first served basis. Don’t delay as slots are being reserved quickly.
I created a monster!o_O:ROFLMAO::alien:

I created a monster!o_O:ROFLMAO::alien:

On a more serious note, I have to say that I am really liking the addition of the rack handles. I admit that when I first saw them I was not really thrilled with them as I never really liked them on consumer stereo gear. But, they really serve a purpose here as it makes moving the WLEQ around worry-free. I would hate to drop my Wurlyscope as it is irreplaceable. It’s not like you can just go onto Amazon and order another one to replace it. Not yet at least 😀.

Here is a 45 second clip of
View attachment 68829
'Open Up Wide' from the Chase LP using the Involve SQ mode.

Clarke's Third Law:
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

Good demo thanks for the vid! What mode was the scope working in? What happens if you push all three mode buttons at once?. You can try it first...

Back