My first Blu-Ray Pure Audio Album Release: "Thanks for the Invite"

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Franck

300 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
I have been looking for a while on how to release my Atmos music in a physical format. I finally got it. I was advised to use Pure Audio. They were very helpful and fast to create a Blu-Ray Master. I then sent it for duplication. I did not distribute it via Pure Audio because their minimum quantity is way too much for my fan base, and this was more a vanity project. I don't expect to sell much and many of the Blu-Ray will be gift for family, friends and collaborators. Additionally, my fan base is mainly in the USA, and shipping from Europe is prohibitive... So I got it duplicated here in the USA and I have 2 larges boxes of Blu-Rays at home...

I took the opportunity to open a Shopify. I was looking at Bandcamp but they have not improved the way they are handling physical goods. While Shopify is not free, with Bandcamp you get what you pay for...

It would be awesome if you buy it. I know I have not established that fan connection with you so I hope this could be the start of a relationship. And it encourages me to make more music. Here is the link on where to get it:
https://shop.peachymango.org/products/thanks-for-the-invite-bluray-pure-audio-dolby-atmos-truehd

IMG_3972.jpg

and if you want to listen to it before buying, I have released a few tracks already on streaming services:

I got the Blu-Ray from Peter Gabriel I/O, which was made by PureAudio. For me, It is a reference in producing a Blu-Ray. Also I can hear the difference between the Blu-Ray and Apple Music.

I'll write more about my experience in a magazine and post the link to my site: https://www.peachymango.org/writings. You can already find there a few articles about my experience with spatial music.

I appreciate your comments about your experience in buying music physically, why you do it instead of streaming. What formats do you prefer? I choose the standard Blu-Ray case, but for instance Peter Gabriel album was more looking like a paper CD case...

Any feedback you have or comments, most appreciated in advance.

Thanks

Frank, very good, I would love to buy it, but the minimum of postage to Europe (Netherlands) seems to be 21$. I think that is a little bit too much in comparison with the price of the BD. When I bought your previous DVD it was something of 5$. Not your fault. It's not funny anymore to support the small artists all over the world. But good to see you got your dream fullfilled. I will buy your products in the IAA shop instead.

Frank, very good, I would love to buy it, but the minimum of postage to Europe (Netherlands) seems to be 21$. I think that is a little bit too much in comparison with the price of the BD. When I bought your previous DVD it was something of 5$. Not your fault. It's not funny anymore to support the small artists all over the world. But good to see you got your dream fullfilled. I will buy your products in the IAA shop instead.
Yes, it is a bit high, I cannot find something cheaper. My DVD was sold on Bandcamp and I had to estimate the shipping, so I was kind of subsidizing it. I think I can do this on Shopify, but this is all new to me...
I'll put that album on IAA eventually, once I sold enough physical copies. There is one track of this album on IAA. I was testing the service. I published an album there too.
I'm looking at making a Patreon tier where I would send you one album as part of the tier. so stay tuned... but I'd like to make more music than handle a shop, so we will see how it goes in my priority list...

Thanks for following what I'm doing.

I too would buy this release Franck except for the crazy postage cost.
I wonder if there is a way that a Europe/UK distributor could be found ?
Really great that you've managed to produce a Blu-ray release.
Good luck 👍

I too would buy this release Franck except for the crazy postage cost.
I wonder if there is a way that a Europe/UK distributor could be found ?
Really great that you've managed to produce a Blu-ray release.
Good luck 👍
Thanks.I see that Shopify has fulfillment services. I need to investigate. Otherwise, I can post them, next time I’m in Europe, not planned for a few months tho…

Thank you Franck; don't mind if I do!

Heading to the good ol' US of A; is this ready to ship now BTW?

ADKq_Na0jzupNIev1qes3Ln63950ucUPDEQ5gaTZuUa3m8NSDM30lEspcggL6sWcKe8tK5OhCD6Br_oS7YPc3X_yzuTstKU-E1kxhvTvtXFIHUVMsv-aqZYuQEmsl3v1lB2FlAOyN_TAJGD9CTiZ8g3pTqaIr2CsZ64=s0-d-e1-ft
Franck Martin - Thanks For The Invite - Blu-Ray Pure Audio Dolby Atmos TrueHD × 1
$25.00​
Subtotal
$25.00
Shipping
$4.63
Taxes
$0.00
Total
$29.63 USD

Thank you Franck; don't mind if I do!

Heading to the good ol' US of A; is this ready to ship now BTW?

ADKq_Na0jzupNIev1qes3Ln63950ucUPDEQ5gaTZuUa3m8NSDM30lEspcggL6sWcKe8tK5OhCD6Br_oS7YPc3X_yzuTstKU-E1kxhvTvtXFIHUVMsv-aqZYuQEmsl3v1lB2FlAOyN_TAJGD9CTiZ8g3pTqaIr2CsZ64=s0-d-e1-ft
Franck Martin - Thanks For The Invite - Blu-Ray Pure Audio Dolby Atmos TrueHD × 1
$25.00​
Subtotal
$25.00
Shipping
$4.63
Taxes
$0.00
Total
$29.63 USD
Yes, just got the notification, preparing it, and dropping it at the post office before 1pm today...
Many thanks for getting it, most appreciated.

Back