New Mystery Title Due Out Before Christmas 2024

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1721188689979.jpeg

How about something by Nektar (such as “A Tab in the Ocean”). Billy Sheehan played with the band for a short time. Iron Maiden covered the song “King of Twilight” from the album. Progressive rock like Floyd. “Acid Trip” theme. Quad era with speculation about quad mixes. The band recently had one of their ‘classic’ albums remixed.

Congrats 🙂 It sounds like you got it!

Edit: @skherbeck I can’t find a record of it being released in quad on discogs?

Last edited:
It wasn't, hence fitting being from the quad era but never having a quad mix released.
skherbeck thought it did? He was second-guessing himself, but yeah...turns out it didn't have a quad release. (y)

Sheehan covered Aces High on the Iron Maiden tribute album Numbers of the Beast. https://www.discogs.com/release/227...m-The-Beast-An-All-Star-Salute-To-Iron-Maiden

The B-side of Iron Maiden's Aces High is Nektar's King of Twilight. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aces_High_(song)

I almost had it. I didn't click through on Nektar on the Aces High page, but I think skherbeck already had it by then anyway. 🤷‍♂️

Not sure if Sheehan covered King of Twilight.

No idea what the direct link to Pink Floyd is; I didn't find any link at all.

Also stumped about the liar clue and about the 'journey to mission' clue. Hopefully all will be revealed.

Last edited:
skherbeck thought it did? He was second-guessing himself, but yeah...turns out it didn't have a quad release. (y)
No, he didn't and wasn't. He simply said there was "speculation" about a mix existing, not having been released.

EDIT: I missed this follow-up post:
Reading further, it seems like Tab was already released in quad…

Last edited:
No, he didn't and wasn't. He simply said there was "speculation" about a mix existing, not having been released.
Not trying to start an argument, just trying to congratulate skherbeck. 🤷‍♂️

This is the skherbeck quote I was referring to...
Reading further, it seems like Tab was already released in quad…
My response:
Congrats 🙂 It sounds like you got it!

Edit: @skherbeck I can’t find a record of it being released in quad on discogs?

I hope you guessed right on the remix. RTF 50th wasn't too adventurous of a remix
Hopefully that information may be forthcoming; there's still a part of me that thinks we may never again hear from Bill Hartmann :giggle:

...although, he did make a financial contribution to the forum so...who knows. 🤷‍♂️

"Tab in the Water" and the Sheehan/Dickinson link is pretty spot on however; so...seems legit...?...just didn't find a direct Pink Floyd link, and no idea about the other clues. Starts with a journey, but the mission? 🤔

Last edited:
How about something by Nektar (such as “A Tab in the Ocean”). Billy Sheehan played with the band for a short time. Iron Maiden covered the song “King of Twilight” from the album. Progressive rock like Floyd. “Acid Trip” theme. Quad era with speculation about quad mixes. The band recently had one of their ‘classic’ albums remixed.
For The Win!
:bowing:

Back