Original Maiden singer, Paul Di'Anno RIP

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Believe it or not, I knew about Paul Di'Anno before I knew about Bruce Dickinson as I purchased their debut album on a flyer from a local record store in Normal, Illinois way back in the day.
Of course, Paul sang lead on first LP, Iron Maiden and their 2nd LP, Killers. Both great albums with superb vocals IMO.

RIP Paul, you brought me Maiden when I hadn't heard of you at all!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/new...S&cvid=ce1892cb13a64d83ad1460fc1f0d82a2&ei=13

image.jpg

RIP

This was the Maiden lineup for me. A mishmash of rock, punk, and prog like you didn't really hear before! They lost the punk attitude when Di'Anno left. Not that there wasn't a lot to love in the following few albums. But those 1st 2 LPs and the handfull of singles and EPs from the same period were the real deal. (3 singles and a live EP I believe. All unique tracks. It was a thing around the time.)

Believe it or not, I knew about Paul Di'Anno before I knew about Bruce Dickinson as I purchased their debut album on a flyer from a local record store in Normal, Illinois way back in the day.
Of course, Paul sang lead on first LP, Iron Maiden and their 2nd LP, Killers. Both great albums with superb vocals IMO.

RIP Paul, you brought me Maiden when I hadn't heard of you at all!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/new...S&cvid=ce1892cb13a64d83ad1460fc1f0d82a2&ei=13

And, this is the shop where I bought that LP....

About us​

Established in 1968 by two of the most bad ass women ever to stake their claim in the midwest counter culture scene, Betty Anderson and Charlotte (Murphy) Radka founded what would become the Original Rock and Roll Emporium. From selling custom leather jackets to bamboo bongs and everything in between, Mother Murphy's quickly grew a cult like following that would establish it as one of the oldest headshops in the country.

1729619064687.png

photo credit: Angela Mcguire
Having found its roots at the height of the cultural revolution of peace and love, Mother Murphy's would carry on its hippie culture well into the 21st century. The legacy would be passed onto Mike and Becky Williams who would go on to curate a wide range of unique and rare goods to sell at Mother Murphy's for over 30 years.
1729619095718.png

With one foot planted in the past and the other always moving into the future, Mother Murphy's has always looked to find new ways to entertain and always keep your pleasure in mind. The torch was then passed on to three local friends that would start their chapter at the start of 2020. And that's the story so far.
1729619122721.png

Join The Mother Murphy's Secret Society​

Back