Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon - 50th Anniversary Atmos mix in 2023! (Standalone BD coming in October!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We still have the quad thankfully.
Although I have the "Immersion" set with that, I'd hope they could release Parsons' 4.0 mix in a more accessible/cheaper physical format for those deprived souls who haven't heard it yet. Would make much more sense than giving us Guthrie's original 5.1 mix again since it's recently been re-released on SACD.

Although I have the "Immersion" set with that, I'd hope they could release Parsons' 4.0 mix in a more accessible/cheaper physical format for those deprived souls who haven't heard it yet. Would make much more sense than giving us Guthrie's original 5.1 mix again since it's recently been re-released on SACD.
I have said many times that the quad version on the Blu-ray isn't perfect and deserves a better remaster. It isn't terrible but could be improved on I believe.

I have said many times that the quad version on the Blu-ray isn't perfect and deserves a better remaster. It isn't terrible but could be improved on I believe.
It's barely better than the bootleg DVD-A, supposedly also sourced from the quad masters. I don't think it was given any priority at all when putting the Immersion set together.

what does that mean in particular? what is that screenshot from?
I'm not sure what site that particular screenshot is from but you can look up ISRC codes (international ID system for music) on sites like this:
https://isrcsearch.ifpi.org/#!/search
I can't pull the Pink Floyd tracks up on the site above, even when searching for the ISRC codes in the screenshot but maybe there's another database somewhere? I can't imagine they would remove the information but who knows.

I bet there's all kinds of fun info hidden in that database. I recently came across what looks like the unreleased "The Cars" debut DVD-A on the above site (including release date and UPC):

https://isrcsearch.ifpi.org/#!/sear...s&tab=advanced&showReleases&start=0&number=10
Click the "Show Releases" button on the right side of the screen for the details.

If you ever needed an excuse to visit Sydney . . . March 4, $99AUD a seat
1673844552753.png

Back