Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon - 50th Anniversary Atmos mix in 2023! (Standalone BD coming in October!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Based on his EXCELLENT 2018 remix of ANIMALS, perhaps Guthrie has upped his game considerably and just may surprise us ALL!

Look on the BRIGHT SIDE!
Or if like me you feel the 2018 remix of Animals was completely underwhelming, just like Guthrie's other 5.1 mixes, it's likely to be very forgetable.

Correct me if I’m wrong; we don’t even know that an Atmos mix is coming, let alone one done by Guthrie, right? We’ve yet to hear any official word, just a press release alluding to a box set, and a leaked database listing.
For all we know if a mix exists; it could be by anybody!
And if it is Guthrie, wouldn’t it be his first Atmos mix? Maybe Atmos is what he needs to make a killer mix!
Edit: woah wait what’s this?
That’s a Spotify screenshot, this “single” isn’t out on Apple Music yet, the date in the screenshot says tomorrow (so its likely out in Aus/NZ). I’d expect an announcement tomorrow if this isn’t a fake

Hold onto your butts folks!
It's gonna get expensive up in here...

71TAWtFq-rL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

61RIUsfx3vL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

They really couldn't fit all the high-resolution material on a single Blu-Ray? Gentle Giant's Free Hand managed to pack Atmos, 5.1, quad, remixed stereo, and original stereo onto a single disc. The omission of the quad mix is disappointing too, albeit not that surprising given the band's supposed distaste for it.

Honestly... I have high hopes for this release in Atmos even if I only hear it on streaming due to the huge box. Happy that it's getting a physical release regardless as I'm honestly thankful for that even if it's in a giant box like this. A great atmos mix could really be awesome for DSOTM.

Just happy I didn't splurge on the recent Analogue PRODUCTION 5.1 SACD release in their upgraded packaging and I do have a feeling a DSOTM BD~A ATMOS disc will be released separately [like Animals] because in these inflationary times, that box set does look uber expensive and unnecessary!

It's not in their interest to release the Atmos Blu-Ray separately, as it's probably the only draw for people who already own the Immersion set. I'd be willing to bet that a lot of fans who already owned King Crimson's In The Court Of The Crimson King 40th set double-dipped for the newer 1969 box just to get that Atmos Blu-Ray, and will similarly do so here.

Back