Pure Reason Revolution - Coming Up To Consciousness (Dolby Atmos by Bruce Soord)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve discovered that professional Bluray production is very expensive. Not even counting the manufacturing costs, I was quoted €1300 just to author the Bluray, then around €400 for the copy protection keys for a small run of 300.
The encoding software can be pricey too. I decided to author it myself and duplicate BD-R discs but if you wanted glass mastered discs, DVD will be much cheaper to author and manufacture.

God, Bluray authoring is complicated 😒
Blu-ray is a "bag of hurt"

https://www.wired.com/2008/10/jobs-blu-ray-is/

This sounds absolutely fantastic. Even on my extremely modest, non dedicated 5.1 system from my second house the mix is stunning. Can't wait to give a spin on my high end system at home in a couple of days!

As @alansanchez86 said, stellar production that elevates the good songwriting.

I'm a relative old-schooler here, familiar with everything required to losslessly rip from physical media. I like this band and would be interested to know if Apple's Atmos mix is a) something that can be downloaded (pretty sure "yes") b) actually lossless. I just want to support the best quality version that is on offer right now, and am curious if it is better than the DTS version offered on the DVD.

I'm a relative old-schooler here, familiar with everything required to losslessly rip from physical media. I like this band and would be interested to know if Apple's Atmos mix is a) something that can be downloaded (pretty sure "yes") b) actually lossless. I just want to support the best quality version that is on offer right now, and am curious if it is better than the DTS version offered on the DVD.

There's not a single Atmos mix on Apple Music (or on any streaming platform for that matter) that is lossless, as far as I know. I don't have a clue if they can be downloaded, either. They're not supposed to be downloadable.

To be honest, the 5.1 mix on the DVD is so good that I haven't even bothered to listen to the Atmos mix yet. You'll get a better bitrate on the DVD, compared to the streaming Atmos version, too. Also, it seems that not all songs are available in Atmos on Apple Music.

Back