Rhino Quadio Batch 5 for August 2024!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are officially talkin’ Quadio batch #6 now. We’re just not supposed to tell anyone about it yet.

I kind of want that Foghat “Energized” album in quad. I had it on LP when I was 13. It still has a place as fun “refried” British blues rock & roll for me. The quad has the potential to improve on the stereo mix. Maybe we’ll get this as well as another rock title in the same batch.

Totally off-topic and I know a lot of English squares look similar, but man that really looks like Soho Square, one of my favourite lunchtime spots when I was working in London. It would fit the timeframe too because their first two or three albums were recorded at Regent Sound which was just around the corner. Wondering if maybe @fredblue can confirm my hypothesis?

https://maps.app.goo.gl/2kuqnX9qhHgJJbu96
looks like it could be Soho Square but i wouldn't like to say definitively with no little hut or anything else in the photo to distinguish it 🤷🏻‍♀️

For Foraging Rhino, does Brian Ahern's 5.1 remix of Emmylou Harris's Roses in the Snow exist in the vault? Twenty years ago that acoustic masterpiece was slated to follow his Harris DVD-R anthology Producer's Cut, but we know what happened next, don't we, gang?

I can justify these Quadio purchases because they are priced just about like Audio Fidelity SACDs were eight years ago when I was buying on sale from Deep Discount.

I'm no longer combing used record stores and building the vinyl collection as before. So that's a lot less music spending.
Quadio is one small treat for myself. If money got tight I can always sell off some of the other older LPs and CDs I have.

Gave up Starbucks as a regular stop some years ago. I don't think they want my business that much anyway. I don't go out to eat that much, don't drink much at all either. Starbucks I gather do not want my business because they have closed many of the larger stores where you could sit down and enjoy your expensive drink for 25 or 30 min. They want to sell you the drink and often just get you out of the place. It's not that relaxing anymore at the ones closest to me.

I'm feeling good about real quad being so much more accessible and affordable than it has ever been before.
I believe I’ve paid for Fourbucks coffee twice in my life. I’ve had a couple of other people buy me one, but frankly, I can brew perfectly good coffee in my kitchen, and I buy from a local roaster, and it’s excellent.

I pretty much have all the records I want, although there’s a few that, should they pop up, I’ll buy, but I haven’t bought one for about five years now. OTOH, DV, Rhino, SDE Shop, and Amazon keep adding to the pile of discs I haven’t heard yet, but really, really, really intend to get to later this week.

For Foraging Rhino, does Brian Ahern's 5.1 remix of Emmylou Harris's Roses in the Snow exist in the vault? Twenty years ago that acoustic masterpiece was slated to follow his Harris DVD-R anthology Producer's Cut, but we know what happened next, don't we, gang?

OMG! I wish! In 1980 I was 2nd row center at Mesa (Arizona) Ampitheatre for Emmylou when the album had just or was just coming out and she sang many of those songs. It was amazing! It would be amazing! Emmylou helped get me throught law school back in the mid to late 70's!

OMG! I wish! In 1980 I was 2nd row center at Mesa (Arizona) Ampitheatre for Emmylou when the album had just or was just coming out and she sang many of those songs. It was amazing! It would be amazing! Emmylou helped get me throught law school back in the mid to late 70's!
For me it was Elite Hotel which introduced me to the wonderful voice of Emmylou Harris...bought the LP in 1976, still got it, well my son has my record collection now.

Ooh to have a surround mix of that terrific album.

Last edited:
I buy from a local roaster
I just want to take a moment to be pointlessly off-topically smug and one-up something that no one cares about: I roast my own.

Though after well over a decade, the roaster is literally held together by duct tape and when it finally goes to The Great Bean In The Sky I'm not sure that I'll replace it.

Around March 1976, Joe a friend from my civil procedure class at George Washington University came over with the Bob Dylan desire LP and we played it. Emmylou sang back up. That convinced me to buy every Emmylou album I confine from that point forward in life. And I couldn’t wait as soon as the album came out I got got it.

I believe I’ve paid for Fourbucks coffee twice in my life. I’ve had a couple of other people buy me one, but frankly, I can brew perfectly good coffee in my kitchen, and I buy from a local roaster, and it’s excellent.

I pretty much have all the records I want, although there’s a few that, should they pop up, I’ll buy, but I haven’t bought one for about five years now. OTOH, DV, Rhino, SDE Shop, and Amazon keep adding to the pile of discs I haven’t heard yet, but really, really, really intend to get to later this week.
Snap, welcome to the To-listen-to Mountaineering Club :cool: procrastination is our motto :ROFLMAO:

My "unreleased" crystal ball...
Electra:
  1. Mickey Newbury - I Came To Hear The Music (or)
  2. Bread - Best Vol. 2 (or maybe)
  3. Queen - Queen
Atlantic:
  1. Aretha Franklin - With Everything I Feel
  2. J. Geils Band - Bloodshot
Warner:
  1. Black Sabbath - Sabotage (or)
  2. James Taylor - Sweet Baby James (or maybe)
  3. Uriah Heep - Return to Fantasy
Steve also told us that there is no Bread Vol 2 in quad.

Back