Rhino Quadio Batch 5 for August 2024!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lets hope we get back to some rock like the first batch and not this elevator music :rolleyes: we've been getting.
Would love to know what was the best selling batch so far.
You mean like the 13th floor Elevators?... Did I miss that onešŸ¤”?....or better still, 'You're gonna miss me' I should say...

Last edited:
yes but really only the early birds secured a copy of the SDE and the DVD/LP version is long out of print now! šŸ˜…
I sent messages repeatedly to get on a list and stay on the list. They were very cooperative with maintaining contact with me, and I was probably aware of the re-release before others and was able to get a copy from that. Just like Rhino is great with communication here, I think it helps us all be prepared to jump on opportunities if we desire.

That's a shame, if there is another one, is there any chance it's Manna from 1971 (or less likely On the Waters from the year before that)? Jac Holzman said in an interview in January 1972 that Elektra was "stockpiling" quad titles even though they hadn't released any to that point, so Manna especially would fit in with that timeline.

View attachment 107217
Nope.

Another thing of note that I'd like to bring up is that Rhino has seemed to focus on releasing higher popularity titles first, but titles like ZZ Top's Tres Hombres haven't been released yet. This could come down to a few factors, such as red tape in getting these mixes released, artist wishes, missing tapes, or potential box sets down the pipeline. The last of those is why the US quad of Machine Head wasn't released until the box set came out.
Foraging Rhino noted during the first round of 4 last year that the ā€œTres Hombresā€ quad has not been found, though we know it exists or at least existed.

Please correct me if thereā€™s been an update to this.

Foraging Rhino noted during the first round of 4 last year that the ā€œTres Hombresā€ quad has not been found, though we know it exists or at least existed.

Please correct me if thereā€™s been an update to this.
I'm wondering, given that the initial Label was London in 1973 for the Quad; and the many subsequent M&A's of which there is, how many potential vaults could these tapes be hiding in?

https://www.discogs.com/label/1060-London-Records

Back