Rhino Quadios - Batch 7 - Speculation

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My speculation is that the Chicago Quadios that were/are in the Box Set will be released 1 at a time (Toulouse Street could indicate this approach).
I'm hoping that the early heavy hitters—CTA, Chicago, V, and maybe III—show up in the Atmos series to complement IX. Chicago and V have existing DVD-A 5.1 mixes by Paul Klingberg and John Kellogg, while the former also has a Steven Wilson stereo mix, so the multitracks for those two certainly have been available in the last couple decades. CTA has an abomination of a 50th anniversary stereo remix, so those multis are also usable. And how about an Atmos mix of The Captain and Me, too, on a Blu-ray with the quad and Elliot Scheiner 5.1? This would free up the Quadio series for more as-yet-digitally-unreleased albums.

The guessing game gets a bit easier as more titles are eliminated! Off the top of my head and without any clues.

Jefferson Starship "Spitfire"
Deep Purple "Stormbringer"
Carly Simon "Carly Simon"
Spinners "Pick of the Litter"

Wish List

Gordon Lightfoot Cold on the Shoulder
James Taylor Gorilla
Souther Hillman Furay Trouble in Paradise
Jefferson Starship Spitfire
Carly Simon Greatest Hits, S/T, Hotcakes, Playing Possum (a box set?)
Herbie Mann Hold On I'm Coming, Reggae
Modern Jazz Quartet
Judy Collins Judith (Colors of the Day collection already done by AF)
Deep Purple Stormbringer

More to follow ;)

IF ONLY Rhino could get Henley to approve both Eagles quad albums or at least One of These Nights!
IF ONLY Jackson Browne...

Billy Cobham - Spectrum

I have the AF version, but this needs a wider release, it's one of my absolute favorite quads

Back