Steven Wilson Richard Wright "Wet Dream" (Blu-Ray with Steven Wilson 5.1 & Dolby Atmos mixes coming September 29!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would trade Roger’s lyrics for Rick and David’s music anytime.
I listened to this a couple of times over the past few days and I like it, but that wouldn't make me want to change Pro's and Con's, KAOS, or Amused. I still prefer those over any of the other post Floyd solo stuff. I was lucky enough to see both Roger's and Dave's first solo tours. They were both great.

I listened to this a couple of times over the past few days and I like it, but that wouldn't make me want to change Pro's and Con's, KAOS, or Amused. I still prefer those over any of the other post Floyd solo stuff. I was lucky enough to see both Roger's and Dave's first solo tours. They were both great.
Beauty is in the eye.
I wouldn't spend $0.05 for anything Roger has done since PF.
On the other hand, I have just about everything ever done by the other 3. ;)
YMMV

I was also lucky to catch David's first solo tour (at Massey Hall) and all of Roger's solo tours. Personally, I'm not a fan of Hitching (tho I enjoyed the live presentation) and never feel the urge to give it a listen. KAOS, I enjoyed a lot at the time (and the tour) and would appreciate a good surround mix to excite me about it again - as I haven't played it in a decade or two. Amused, IMO, is Roger's solo peak and I'm thrilled to have the surround mix (and the extra menu music). I already know that Wet Dream will stay at the top of my pile for a long time, as it bears repeated listenings well. It's sooo Rick: Gentle music and very melancholy even when singing about sailing and holidays.

Amazing that when a album such as this, that may not
be a worlds best seller, they don't insist on a limited edition,
all bundled up with 20lbs of unwanted crap, release.
Nope, we get a stand-alone BD without 6 lps and 5 CD's and
a 150 page booklet.
Ain't it nice. ;)
Not really, it's a missed opportunity to include three marbles and a scarf.

Sal I feel your pain, and all those before you that have been victimized by "bundling". It spreads like a virus. I remember the early days, when I didn't have Amazon Prime Shipping(another enabler). I found myself buying things I didn't really need to get free shipping. Now I can't even buy toothpaste without getting a "bundle" of 3 or 5 to keep that unit price down. It spread to my music purchases, trying to find "other" music so I could get free shipping.

Plato and Aristotle thought that art imitates life but Oscar Wilde felt that Life imitates Art. But if you live in the US and watch TV, there is one sinister company that keeps bundling alive. It's on most channels, you can't escape it. It makes us laugh and seems harmless, but that MESSAGE keeps eating away at our core!

I've still got my original cassette tapes of Richard Wright and David Gilmour, As others have said I always saw these albums as a natural pair and would play them back to back.
20230702_164316.jpg

Back