Ricky's Audio Video Barn Build Project

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sometimes big progress is measured by little things. Garage doors installed today !!! Painters will now start painting the exterior - and the garage doors !
And more progress - the freaking in wall subs that were on backorder will - FINALLY - get installed this Wed or Thurs. Drywallers will have to come back to close out the 2 open cavities Septic tank installation started today. Late last week we trenched and installed natural gas and water lines, Cabinets deliver late next week and Trim Carpentry starts the following week. Slow but sure.....
View attachment 108580
....ROOKING GOOD! Going to pave in front of them there garage doors? Gonna epoxy the garage floors?
Will your wife throw you out for listening to Marilyn Manson? :p

....ROOKING GOOD! Going to pave in front of them there garage doors? Gonna epoxy the garage floors?
If he starts wearing glam make up, SHE WILL

Marilyn Manson im Interview: Schock-Rocker und Meister des Bizarren ...

Boonie
We went back and forth on asphalt or cement for our driveway with asphalt being more cost effective - so given that, we went with cement.
And - yup - I am going to epoxy the garage floor.
I got a TON of music but - oddly - I have no Marilyn Manson !!

Ooops. Reminds me, I got to change the oil in the Jeep tomorrow. Well got to go vote first.
I don't have any concrete, but I got a nice semi level spot in hard packed sand, and some Rhino ramps! Got my Mobil 1 and a Wicks oil filter ready to go.

I had asked my wife to order a jug of oil when she made her recent Wally world grocery order. She thought the containers only held a gallon (they hold 5 qts) so she was kind enough to order an extra quart as well! I love my wife for being so thoughtful!

The quart is a unit that does not exist in the UK. Just as well really, we already have pints and gallons that are different sizes in the UK and US. Our engine oil comes in litres.

The quart is a unit that does not exist in the UK. Just as well really, we already have pints and gallons that are different sizes in the UK and US. Our engine oil comes in litres.
Well, a US quart is pretty close to a litre (liter), so maybe that has something to do with it. And then there’s that Imperial “gallon” that is supposedly ten pounds (weight, not currency) of water.

We had imperial quarts in Canada, gone now due to that (damn) metric system. A quart is two pints. Four quarts in a gallon. I still refer to a litre of oil as a quart, and I always will!

One US quart is 32 fluid ounces while an imperial quart is 40 fluid ounces. An Imperial gallon is 160 fluid ounces while the US gallon is only 128 fluid ounces.

I was surprised to learn that Imperial and US ounces are not exactly the same, the US one is slightly larger. There are (about) five US quarts in an imperial gallon, I used to think that was an exact figure, due to the different size ounce it is approximate.

The odd size "quarts" (946-ml) that we often see here today are metric labeled US quarts.

Yes, well thanks to the metric system, we no longer have a "fifth" of alcoholic beverages, we have 750 ml. Instead of quart sizes, we got 1 liter sizes.
I grew up with the old measurements. But I've adapted pretty well to some metric measurements....just not all.
Now where's that "key" (kilo) that was promised me? :) Some of you old timers will get my drift. Think Arlo Guthrie's song.... :whistle:

Off a little from the conversation...but remember when a case of beer meant 24 cans? So they jacked up the price and give you 15 cans and call it a suitcase or some other jargon. Being almost as old as dirt, I remember when some brands of beer were 5$/case in the early '80's.

But maybe Ricky will have a kegger when all is finished, and sit back and admire his accomplishments.

We had imperial quarts in Canada, gone now due to that (damn) metric system. A quart is two pints. Four quarts in a gallon. I still refer to a litre of oil as a quart, and I always will!

One US quart is 32 fluid ounces while an imperial quart is 40 fluid ounces. An Imperial gallon is 160 fluid ounces while the US gallon is only 128 fluid ounces.

I was surprised to learn that Imperial and US ounces are not exactly the same, the US one is slightly larger. There are (about) five US quarts in an imperial gallon, I used to think that was an exact figure, due to the different size ounce it is approximate.

The odd size "quarts" (946-ml) that we often see here today are metric labeled US quarts.
Well an ounce is pretty darn close to 30ml. Too close to make much difference mostly. If that little bit makes a difference you'll be likely measuring with a graduated cylinder anyways.

Yes, well thanks to the metric system, we no longer have a "fifth" of alcoholic beverages, we have 750 ml. Instead of quart sizes, we got 1 liter sizes.
I grew up with the old measurements. But I've adapted pretty well to some metric measurements....just not all.
Now where's that "key" (kilo) that was promised me? :) Some of you old timers will get my drift. Think Arlo Guthrie's song.... :whistle:

Off a little from the conversation...but remember when a case of beer meant 24 cans? So they jacked up the price and give you 15 cans and call it a suitcase or some other jargon. Being almost as old as dirt, I remember when some brands of beer were 5$/case in the early '80's.

But maybe Ricky will have a kegger when all is finished, and sit back and admire his accomplishments.
back in my day we measured things via nickel and dime bag. Is that measure still used ?

Id love to have yall up for a kegger. Sonik can bring some specialty Boulevard tasties. Ralphie can bring a couple hundred Costco hot dogs. AR can wear a Jets jersey and get tons of sympathy and Ill make sure we play plenty of Tull for Johnny. Me and Boonie will sit outside with some Jack and a cigar and talk about chainsaws and Jeeps and such

back in my day we measured things via nickel and dime bag. Is that measure still used ?

Id love to have yall up for a kegger. Sonik can bring some specialty Boulevard tasties. Ralphie can bring a couple hundred Costco hot dogs. AR can wear a Jets jersey and get tons of sympathy and Ill make sure we play plenty of Tull for Johnny. Me and Boonie will sit outside with some Jack and a cigar and talk about chainsaws and Jeeps and such
Sounds more like an INSURRECTION to me!

And NO strippers?

DOGgone!

Last edited:
Back