Ricky's Audio Video Barn Build Project

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
back in my day we measured things via nickel and dime bag. Is that measure still used ?

Id love to have yall up for a kegger. Sonik can bring some specialty Boulevard tasties. Ralphie can bring a couple hundred Costco hot dogs. AR can wear a Jets jersey and get tons of sympathy and Ill make sure we play plenty of Tull for Johnny. Me and Boonie will sit outside with some Jack and a cigar and talk about chainsaws and Jeeps and such
I'd love to have that conversation. Alas, I don't travel well these days. But should the event occur, I'll be there in spirit to celebrate your build.

all this sewer talk reminds me of what went on today. the start of the septic system. My Excavator is building the drainfield and you can see the 2 septic tanks - one up by the house and one next to barn

345septic.jpg

back in my day we measured things via nickel and dime bag. Is that measure still used ?
No. And that was based on $5 for the nickle and $10 for the dime. There was also a "lid", which was an ounce, or was it a 1/2 ounce?

Now that it's legal in a lot of places, it seems like grams is the new measure. Only hash used to come in grams back in the day.

No. And that was based on $5 for the nickle and $10 for the dime. There was also a "lid", which was an ounce, or was it a 1/2 ounce?

Now that it's legal in a lot of places, it seems like grams is the new measure. Only hash used to come in grams back in the day.
A lid (3/4 oz) was $15 and the oz was $20.
Back in the days of alligator baggies, flavored rolling papers and US bongs. Lots of illegal smiles back then…

A lid (3/4 oz) was $15 and the oz was $20.
Back in the days of alligator baggies, flavored rolling papers and US bongs. Lots of illegal smiles back then…
In my day it was mostly 2 or 3 finger bags, price commensurate . Never learned how to roll a J with out a Rizla tool. Chocolate papers were the best.

Boonie
We went back and forth on asphalt or cement for our driveway with asphalt being more cost effective - so given that, we went with cement.
And - yup - I am going to epoxy the garage floor.
I got a TON of music but - oddly - I have no Marilyn Manson !!
Cement is fine if you get the expansion joints cut right, and enough of them. It will always crack, but you want to show it where you want it to crack. A good base pounded into submission with a jumping jack tamper, 4000 psi mix, some metal mesh, some #4 rebar around the edge and some fiber-mesh in the concrete should cover parking that big 4 wheeler and 40ft RV you want in retirement!

Back