SDE’s Surround Series - Your Fantasy Wishlist

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’d really love a Steve Wilson treatment of Rush’s 1984 album Grace Under Pressure! There are so many reasons why this would be great,as the original mix is needing a better remix and or remaster! But a Atmos mix would be so great as the band had a better mix of the keyboards/guitar than signals,not saying that that album was bad,it was just that Alex’s guitar was buried but still had moments of greatness! The production of GUP had his guitar sounding so much better as well as both Geddy and Neil’s rhythm section is second to none! So whether it happens or not? Here’s hoping it will happen!❤️😎👍

I doubt that SDE will get the chance to be part of that. If it happens, it will most likely be buried in a lavish box set with vinyl and a bunch of stuff no one asked for with a price north of $200.

Many tough choices. I suppose the complete Weird Al albums. All of XTC and Genesis And if it doesn't exist already the full and any related extras content of the collection I guess to call the Beetlejuice soundtrack plus outtakes and demos.

Now, I think my biggest fantasy would be that boxes, deluxe edition and so on would stopped to be sold into so small run that they get rarer ans rarer, fuelling an ever expansing extorsion second hand market.

Source is this Italian fan site, which in turns refers to an interview from 2021. I could ask Francesco what interview specifically it was, we've been in contact for another reason (watch... well, maybe not this space, but another one :censored:)
http://www.theparsonsday.altervista.org/workinprogress.html
Always better to have a confirmed report before getting excited.
Yeah...I'd love to read the "October 2021 interview" for myself. Google isn't helping.

Watching the Classic Albums show for "Queen: A Night At The Opera" and realized it's the 50th of their first-

1687746216559.png

Peter Gabriel - I/O with both light side, dark side and also the In-side Atmos mix please. C’mon Paul, make it happen 😀

Last edited:
Peter Gabriel - I/O with both light side, dark side and also the Atmos mix please. C’mon Paul, make it happen 😀
I fully expect there to be a first-party release from Real World Records with all the mixes, including the Atmos "In-Side Mix" on Blu-ray, though that may be exclusive to a deluxe box. Regardless, I highly doubt Gabriel would license his material to SDE. If there's no Real World standalone Blu-ray, I wouldn't expect Paul to be able to make one happen.

I was just listening to a bit of Made in Basing Street and thought how nice it would be if this was available in Atmos from SDE.

I had never followed the QR code before this moment. A bit anti-climactic.

If you’ve never heard Freeway from the album, it’s worth a good cranking-up.

600x600bb.jpg

Big Big train titles in Atmos by Rob Aubrey, will be sound fantastic
Here, here! I second that. From my understanding The Underfall Yard” and “Grand Tour” have both been mixed in 5.1. BBT chose I believe for financial reasons not to release. I sure would love to hear those! The live blu-rays are stellar! I also remember reading Greg Spawton say the blu-Ray authoring was more expensive. I don’t know I hope they eventually do get on the surround sound train!

From an Anglophile perspective:

How about some Cure - I think 'Disintigration', Kiss Me Kiss Me, Kiss Me' and 'Head on the Door' would be great.

Talk Talk: 'The Colour Of Spring', 'Spirit Of Eden' and 'Laughing Stock'

Elbow: 'Seldom Seen Kid'
All of the above.
Would be brilliant to pair Seldom Seen Kid with the live performance at Abbey Road, as it deserves hi-res and daring Atmos mix.

Back