SDE’s Surround Series - Your Fantasy Wishlist

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
both of those Goldfrapp albums were supposedly prepared for MutliCh SACD release some 20 years ago. "Felt Mountain" was purported to be an upmix but "Black Cherry" the genuine article. neither materialised so far of course but who knows what may come to pass in 'The Age Of Atmos' 💅🤩😅

I'll likely not spark a lot of interest here, but here goes...

Low - The Great Destroyer
Low - Things We Lost In The Fire
Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
Public Image Limited - Flowers Of Romance
Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever (already mixed in Atmos for Apple Music, as is the potential bonus track "No Time To Die", which is also Atmos mixed and from the same year.

While probably not popular choices on a rock-centric site, I would love to see those Steve Wilson Dolby Atmos mixes of Chic and Sister Sledge get physical releases. They all sound wonderful.
The Chic albums are short, so it would be great to do them in pairs.
While only We Are Family of the Sister Sledge albums is in Dolby Atmos in Apple, I would hope Love Somebody Today AND All American Girls would be added.

Last edited:
While probably not popular choices on a rock-centric site, I would love to see those Steve Wilson Dolby Atmos mixes of Chic and Sister Sledge Show get a physical release. They all sound wonderful.
While only We Are Family of the Sister Sledge albums is in Dolby Atmos in Apple, I would have Love Somebody Today AND All American Girls would be added.
I wouldn’t be able to buy those fast enough. Great albums and and great SW mixes.

I've never heard the quad of Ol Blue Eyes Is Back. Can anyone speak to it? @J. PUPSTER ? @fredblue ? I know I have the stereo LP! Received it Christmas of '73!
yes Clement, i have it on CD-4. it's been years since i played it so i will have a refresh soon and report back 🙂 i don't remember it being a Surround spectacular but i remember it being more discrete than i was expecting.

Did anyone see the Duran Duran Danse Macabre coming? Surround series #13. Orders are open till 9/06. Anyway, this is the wish list thread... My Vote is anything Zero 7, The Garden, Simple Things, When it Falls are my preferences.

While probably not popular choices on a rock-centric site, I would love to see those Steve Wilson Dolby Atmos mixes of Chic and Sister Sledge get a physical release. They all sound wonderful.
While only We Are Family of the Sister Sledge albums is in Dolby Atmos in Apple, I would hope Love Somebody Today AND All American Girls would be added.
I second this!!!!!

Did anyone see the Duran Duran Danse Macabre coming? Surround series #13. Orders are open till 9/06. Anyway, this is the wish list thread... My Vote is anything Zero 7, The Garden, Simple Things, When it Falls are my preferences.
I did, kinda - together with OMD, Soft Cell, Róisín Murphy, The Chemical Bros or Slowdive.

yes Clement, i have it on CD-4. it's been years since i played it so i will have a refresh soon and report back 🙂 i don't remember it being a Surround spectacular but i remember it being more discrete than i was expecting.
Take your time! Any feedback is much appreciated . . . YOU are much appreciated! Stay Surrounded. Comrade!

Back