SDE’s Surround Series - Your Fantasy Wishlist

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I rather enjoyed coming up with a bunch of awesome, but probably unlikely-to-materialize Blu-Ray releases in that catch-all SDE thread and thought it might make for a fun separate topic. I encourage you to think creatively and try to maximize the amount of audio on a single disc, as SDE has done so well with their last several releases.

There are only two rules for this thread:
  1. Whatever material you choose for inclusion in your fantasy SDE Blu-Ray release - surround or stereo - must already be available to the public in some form, be it streaming or an out-of-print physical edition. Please do not include rumored/unreleased material, ones that haven't come out yet (like Who's Next), or albums you wish existed in surround but currently do not (there is another thread for that).
  2. This is not meant to be a serious discussion, it’s supposed to be fun. Tempting as it may be for some (and I’m as guilty of it as anyone), please do not start listing off reasons why some of these titles would be unavailable to SDE - that isn't the point.
Here’s a few from me to start if off (copied over from the other thread):

The Grateful Dead - American Beauty
  • 2022 Steven Wilson Dolby Atmos mix
  • 2001 Mickey Hart 5.1 & stereo mixes
  • 1970 original stereo mix
  • Outtakes, demos & other unreleased material from “The Angel’s Share” (including that awesome stripped-down version of “Box Of Rain” with just acoustic guitars & vocals)
Joni Mitchell - Court and Spark
  • 2022 Ken Caillat Dolby Atmos mix
  • 1974 quadraphonic mix
  • 1974 original stereo mix
Bob Marley - Legend
  • 2021 Nick Rives Dolby Atmos mix
  • 2014 Bob Clearmountain 5.1 mix
  • 1984 original stereo mixes
I’m excited to see what you all can come up with!
Borboleta by Santana, and, possibly, Amigos by Santana. The quad SACD's of Caravanserai, Welcome and Lotus are a well done thrill.

£30 !!
Yikes
Yeah, I went for the instant pre-order as this was one of the first records I bought as a kid and listened to relentlessly, but with shipping this equates to $68.45 CDN. Yikes indeed! Still, this album is so important to me, and a dream to experience in Atmos, that I will order it. I will just ask my kids to buy it for me for Chirstmas ;)

Back