SDE’s Surround Series - Your Fantasy Wishlist

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howza bout some Pogues?!
🍀
Rum, Sodomy & the Lash, please!
Rhino Store is taking pre-orders for a 40th Anniversary edition of Red Roses For Me. (No Atmos.)
https://store.rhino.com/en/rhino-st...th-anniversary-edition-2cd/5021732391285.html
Someone who really knows the details should chime in here, but while the Pogues' first two albums on Stitch (Red Roses For Me and Rum, Sodomy and the Lash) were distributed by UMG, the rest, on the Pogues' own label, were WEA--and the fact that Rhino is bringing out the 40th anniversary edition of Red Roses suggests that the entire Pogues catalog is now with WEA. Correct me if I'm wrong, but of the big multinationals, I think SDE has only partnered with UMG and Sony on their titles so far. Rhino may have a lock on the Pogues.

Does anyone think that Steven Wilson has ANY chance of doing Atmos / 5.1 mixes of Talk Talk albums?

Rum, Sodomy & the Lash, please!

I like them all , and I think Red Roses For Me is their weakest.
I'd still buy it , but it has to be in surround.

Another 80 ish artist for consideration surround for me would be , Joe Jackson

Or best yet ;

Tom Waits
Rain Dogs , Swordfishtrombones most especially, or an upgrade to bluray DTS 5.1of his superb movie ....BIG TIME .

I like them all , and I think Red Roses For Me is their weakest.
I'd still buy it , but it has to be in surround.

Another 80 ish artist for consideration surround for me would be , Joe Jackson

Or best yet ;

Tom Waits
Rain Dogs , Swordfishtrombones most especially, or an upgrade to bluray DTS 5.1of his superb movie ....BIG TIME .
All in for the great Joe Jackson. Big World is my favorite among many.

Lol... I watched the band in Manchester before and after their first album came out. I have no problems with Johnny Marr, Mike Joyce or the sadly departed Andy Rourke, it's just Mr Misery, I can't stand the bloke!
In the days when I had a stereo 32 band graphic equaliser I would notch out as much as possible of Mr. Misery's vocals on the "Queen Is Dead" album they drove me up the wall - to me anyway, they're a bad case of out of tune 6th form angst ridden poetry :devilish: :). Now if there was an instrumental mix I'd get it, Johnny Marr is a great guitarist.

Does anyone think that Steven Wilson has ANY chance of doing Atmos / 5.1 mixes of Talk Talk albums?
No, it's extremely unlikely. Mark Hollis never wanted it done, Steven Wilson said he respects that, and these things always become sticky when someone dies. I would be happy to see it done, but even if the estate did change their mind, I feel it's unlikely it would be SW doing the mix.

No, it's extremely unlikely. Mark Hollis never wanted it done, Steven Wilson said he respects that, and these things always become sticky when someone dies. I would be happy to see it done, but even if the estate did change their mind, I feel it's unlikely it would be SW doing the mix.
That’s a real shame ☹️ I imagine The Rainbow etc would sound unbelievable in a surround sound setting. Fingers crossed for a change of heart in the future.

Back