SDE’s Surround Series - Your Fantasy Wishlist

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is an interesting way to point out with cultural ifferences, we don't expect the same thing, and most the time, I have never heard of most artists/ releases whished for here (starting with that page : I don't know of anyone, quoted on page 24).
For me, that would be 'Polnareff's', Oldfield's Amarok (but that will never happen) Police's 'ghost in the machine' and 'Synchronicity', Gamma 1, 2 and 3, Klaus Schulze up to X, TD's 'Phaedra' and 'Rubicon', any Bashung from 'Chatterton' or Bowie's 'Black Tie WHite Noise' and 1. Outside'.
Gamma 🥰

My fantasy wishlist includes Thin Lizzy, and it’s coming true!
What about Big Country “The Crossing”? Fits right in with some of the 80s pop releases weve been getting.
The Crossing would be glorious in surround sound, plus it's a really, really good album to boot. It lacks the synth pop element that seems to be a common theme in the 80s releases, though.

I'd love to see some Cure released in surround.

I've noticed that SDE seem to favour 80's releases for surround. Not always but it seems just so , perhaps it's much easier.

Anyway I have a couple of my faves in 80's , so any albums by :

THE SMITHS

THE POGUES

would be instant purchase for me.

Hmmm... Personally I really don't like the idea of giving 'Mr Misery' any of my money!
But Johnny Marr's got loads of kids to feed. Think of them, not The Moz.

Sad Kid.JPG

But Johnny Marr's got loads of kids to feed. Think of them, not The Moz.

View attachment 108845
Lol... I watched the band in Manchester before and after their first album came out. I have no problems with Johnny Marr, Mike Joyce or the sadly departed Andy Rourke, it's just Mr Misery, I can't stand the bloke!

Wonder if SDE has something planed for The Holy Bible's 30th? Especially as the manics have worked with SW before so I'd be very surprised if he doesn't remix at least one of their albums.
Also wonder if SW is going to base his mix on the usa or uk mix or even if he'll instead do his on take on it.

Back