Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm always Looking for the original Bowie mix of Raw Power when I'm in music shops. I have to check S for Stooges, I for Iggy and the Stooges, and P for Pop just incase its there, in both the vinyl and cd sections, it's an alphabetical nightmare

Sorry that may have not been clear.

In essence, I was saying, in a slightly comedic way, that sometimes I feel I've got too much things to balance out in life.

Sorry for any possible confusion.
Welcome to the world, my friend, welcome to the world.
It's been said by many, but before I retired I don't know how I had time to go to a job.;)

Sorry that may have not been clear.

In essence, I was saying, in a slightly comedic way, that sometimes I feel I've got too much things to balance out in life.

Sorry for any possible confusion.
Welcome to the world, my friend, welcome to the world.
It's been said by many, but before I retired I don't know how I had time to go to a job.;)

And with each year of retirement, it just seems to just get worse and worse. And I STILL have a pile of DV quads that remain unopened!

You fellow retired people, do you remember how great that first day/week/month/year of retirement was? That feeling of euphoria knowing that you didn't have to go back to work. Sunday/Monday nights during the NFL season were the best...no job so you could watch the entire game. (Even though you fell asleep on it anyway.)

Then you started doing this and that and got deeper into other interests. Your brain came up with all sorts of stuff to occupy your time. Others took advantage of you, figuring that you had a lot of free time because you were retired. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Then there is this f'n blog/forum which is like some sort of drug addiction...

gnOMe . . . 🕉️
Screenshot 2023-11-06 at 8.17.53 AM.png

Yeah. I thought I had a lot to do before hurricane Idalia tore my property up. Then the whole month of September was much brutal hard work cutting up downed trees with a chainsaw and hauling the wood off in pretty hot weather.
I finally have about a half acre around the house in pretty good shape and making more time to relax and listen to music and helping my neighbor out a little.
The other 5 acres...well realistically I'll never get it done in my lifetime and I've come to terms with that and just want to enjoy what years I have left. I will continue to work on cleanup but with a far less ambitious schedule.

You fellow retired people, do you remember how great that first day/week/month/year of retirement was? That feeling of euphoria knowing that you didn't have to go back to work. Sunday/Monday nights during the NFL season were the best...no job so you could watch the entire game. (Even though you fell asleep on it anyway.)
I still say the best part of retirement is not getting that feeling of depression that comes sometime Sunday afternoon. The dread of Monday was always a buzz killer.

Is 2023 going to be considered the biggest Surround year ever, I think so?
I am burned out, between physical and streaming releases.
Maybe in 2024, I will listen to the 189.1 days of non stop music I already have and to streaming music.
I can't keep up anymore, I have to be more selective.
The weird thing about listening to streaming, albeit $19.99 a month with Apple, I always prefer to listen to my personal ripped collection, not sure why?

I still say the best part of retirement is not getting that feeling of depression that comes sometime Sunday afternoon. The dread of Monday was always a buzz killer.
I could have retired in October, but my music addiction got the better of me :ROFLMAO: (well that and having blown a fortune on the outside of the house, and I still need to do the kitchen and to add a downstairs loo) so I still get that on no its Monday tomorrow feeling - even though my commute is just down the stairs to the laptop!

Is 2023 going to be considered the biggest Surround year ever, I think so?
I am burned out, between physical and streaming releases.
Maybe in 2024, I will listen to the 189.1 days of non stop music I already have and to streaming music.
I can't keep up anymore, I have to be more selective.
The weird thing about listening to streaming, albeit $19.99 a month with Apple, I always prefer to listen to my personal ripped collection, not sure why?
Apple $19.99? Huh, I thought I was paying $10.99.....beats me honestly.

Apple $19.99? Huh, I thought I was paying $10.99.....beats me honestly.
........ and Disney+ have just informed me that my subscription is going up to £10.99 from £7.99, quite a jump but its one I will keep as I love all things Star Wars!

I could have retired in October, but my music addiction got the better of me :ROFLMAO: (well that and having blown a fortune on the outside of the house, and I still need to do the kitchen and to add a downstairs loo) so I still get that on no its Monday tomorrow feeling - even though my commute is just down the stairs to the laptop!
Hey Duncan
Weren't you the one that posted pics of your car park being re-done? Pic out of a 2nd floor window to the street below?

If so, how did it all turn out? If not it must just be memory hallucinating again...

Back