Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Post the pic! Post the pic!
IMG_0385.png

at my dad's house this morning. picture does not show the real beauty and serenity. my dad - who was my hero - passed away unexpectedly on Christmas morning at the young age of 90. He was a United States Army Veteran, we had a full military honors burial yesterday

View attachment 100069
Beautiful photo.
Sorry for your loss 🙏🏼

at my dad's house this morning. picture does not show the real beauty and serenity. my dad - who was my hero - passed away unexpectedly on Christmas morning at the young age of 90. He was a United States Army Veteran, we had a full military honors burial yesterday

View attachment 100069
Just returned from visiting my parents in AZ, where they are in assisted living. I can't even fathom what you are feeling. I carry you in my heart, comrade. I wish you peace

View attachment 100069
Respect. Thank you for sharing the photo. Sorry for your loss.

Open that bin lid and shove it all in :ROFLMAO:

J/k. Everybody has to start somewhere. I grew up with longwave radio and cheap cassettes. Didn't harm my love of music
100% correct. I’m happy to see anyone that makes music important in their life. Even more when they start collecting music.

As I always say, I may have better equipment now, but the song will never sound any better than it did that day when I was 14 listening to it on a crappy transistor radio. (Actually by then it was a setup much like the one pictured, only cheaper).

https://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/interesting-pictures-jan-9-2024 4. This is what it looks like when a whole bunch of horses fly on a plane:
sub-buzz-544-1704739014-1.png
Screenshot_20240109_191404_Chrome.jpg

Every uk supermarket has a section like this now. There are American candy shops all over the place too, I've heard they are used for money laundering purposes.... They are always empty though from my experience, and no wonder, it costs about £2.50 for a can of root beer, plus American chocolate tastes like chalk (sorry guys 🇺🇸)

View attachment 100130
Every uk supermarket has a section like this now. There are American candy shops all over the place too, I've heard they are used for money laundering purposes.... They are always empty though from my experience, and no wonder, it costs about £2.50 for a can of root beer, plus American chocolate tastes like chalk (sorry guys 🇺🇸)

I'll bet you that 90% of the stuff is past the "best by" dates.

Chalk? You are being kind, Ash. I mean the stuff is brown (hint, hint) not white.

I'll bet you that 90% of the stuff is past the "best by" dates.

Chalk? You are being kind, Ash. I mean the stuff is brown (hint, hint) not white.
But....but....butt.

Yes, mass produced dumpster chocolate from US is just that. Crap. Obviously, there are literally thousands and thousands of boutique chocolate makers across the US who make outstanding chocolates. Sure, you have to get out your wallet. But you know.

Sort of like Busch Light or Bud Light. Crap in, crap out. Go to a microbrewery, and boom! High quality. Nothing new really.

Yes, mass produced dumpster chocolate from US is just that. Crap. Obviously, there are literally thousands and thousands of boutique chocolate makers across the US who make outstanding chocolates. Sure, you have to get out your wallet. But you know.

I have eaten massed produced M&Ms right off the production line in Hackettstown NJ. Yummy. The difference between them and the ones that have been in the distribution chain is night and day.

And yes, the boutique chocolates from around the country are exceptionally good.

I have eaten massed produced M&Ms right off the production line in Hackettstown NJ. Yummy. The difference between them and the ones that have been in the distribution chain is night and day.

And yes, the boutique chocolates from around the country are exceptionally good.
I live in a very rural town of 3400 people. No, I mean, not a burb. This is a small town, with any towns of any size are 35 miles away. We have a local boutique chocolate maker. I'm telling you, the quality is amazing. Simply, amazing. Yeah, expensive to some degree, but damn. Good shit.

We have a great local boutique chocolate maker as well that is just amazing. My sister left Connecticut years ago for Arizona. She says that the only thing she misses is that amazing chocolate (and then after a moment's reflection she realizes that she should mention that she misses her brother as well! :ROFLMAO:). I send her a care package every year on her birthday.

However, about ten years ago I was in London to see Kate Bush. (Best concert ever, BTW). Before leaving London to fly home I got my British currency converted back to USD. Of course they will only convert your bills for you, they won't take your pocket change. So while waiting for the flight to board I decided to use some of the spare change to get some junk food from a vending machine. I got some M&M's. Holy crap! These were so much richer than any M&M's I had ever had at home. WTF? I could've been eating these all week???

And to drift off topic....but on the topic of spare change.... On the way home, Virgin Airlines had a cool program. Knowing that most of their passengers would have spare change in their pockets that they wouldn't be able to use when they got home, the flight attendants would come around and ask people to donate the spare change. The money would go to help folks in developing nations. A cool idea from the folks that brought us Tubular Bells. (It all comes back to surround sound. :cool:)

Back