Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/interesting-pictures-jan-9-2024 4. This is what it looks like when a whole bunch of horses fly on a plane:
sub-buzz-544-1704739014-1.png
I’m a bit surprised they have the lights on. I’m no horseman, but I’ve been told that one way to keep a horse calm is to blindfold it.

I live in a very rural town of 3400 people. No, I mean, not a burb. This is a small town, with any towns of any size are 35 miles away. We have a local boutique chocolate maker. I'm telling you, the quality is amazing. Simply, amazing. Yeah, expensive to some degree, but damn. Good shit.
Not that Boise is a metropolis either, but we have some incredible chocolate, ice cream, and coffee makers here, not to mention the stuff we ate actually known for, like beef, onions, and, oh yeah, those famous potatoes.

Last edited:
I generally don't like live performances, covers, or remixes. Not my thing. Obviously, there are exceptions, for example, I think Under A Blood Red Sky by U2 is better than any of their studio performances by a long shot (at least pre-1983).

I've never seen a "British Section" at a regular grocery store. However a 20 min drive takes us to Brits in Lawrence Kansas. It has a much larger selection than shown on their website. Even closer by is World Market. They sell a lot of furniture, kitchen tools, wine but also about 1/3 of the store is international foods. A good chunk is British. At either location it is a must to pick up HP Sauce & Salad Cream. And whatever else my impulses tell me to get...
Marmite?

Know of it. Never tried it. I probably will next time I get a chance just see what it's like.
Marmite: Just remember to put it on something like a piece of toast. Don't eat marmite straight up like some wacko :whistle: did to impress the Australian tour guide. (The equivalent to marmite in Australia is vegemite, but I understand that the two are slightly different.) However, the reaction of a Yank to first eating either one is quite similar.

Marmite: Just remember to put it on something like a piece of toast. Don't eat marmite straight up like some wacko :whistle: did to impress the Australian tour guide. (The equivalent to marmite in Australia is vegemite, but I understand that the two are slightly different.) However, the reaction of a Yank to first eating either one is quite similar.
Well this reminds me of a physician I used to work with. From the Dominican Republic his first trip to an American sushi joint he was confronted with wasabi . He thought it was avocado paste. A full mouthful had him running to the bathroom with a mouth temperature of 212 deg F.

Know of it. Never tried it. I probably will next time I get a chance just see what it's like.
Its made from the yeast extract after brewing beer! Very tangy, I can't live without it, don't like Vegemite though.

When I was a toddler the two things my mother could guarantee to get me to eat were Marmite and more bizarrely .......... Spinach! - but I don't have an anchor tattoo or smoke a pipe though :ROFLMAO:
1704903201627.png

Last edited:
I'm getting too good at transparently squishing stuff. I didn't even have to hard/soft clip any of the elements here. I just sometimes do it for fun, I would never release music that's this dynamically compressed!

View attachment 100178
Truly a "wall of sound".
Eat your heart out Phil Spector,

Truly a "wall of sound".
Eat your heart out Phil Spector,
Squishing in stereo is easy...it's squishing in multichannel and maintaining a consistent sound that's the hard part.
Luckily I figured out how to squish multichannel songs too.

In my squishing explorations, I've discovered you can make a dynamically squished song sound quite good, and minimize the audible artifacts and clipping. This leads me to believe mixing/mastering engineers are being LAZY with their brickwalling.

And as a bonus, here's the original waveform for what I bricked.

1704982258979.png

My advice would be to spread it thin, on buttered toast or bread. I've tried Vegemite, it seemed to me to be a toned down version of Marmite. I always have a jar of Marmite, or a supermarkets own equivalent, in my cupboard.

Back