Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know two of those words, "dollop" is fairly common in cooking, and "petrichor" because two Oz scientists figured out the chemical composition of the odour, but let's try all of them in one go:

Early that morning, I had poured my coffee, added a dollop of cream, and perambulated out to the garden to join the others for a kaffeeklatsch, where the pleasant smell of the coffee mingled with the petrichor odour from the previous night’s thunderpump. My olfactory pleasure was, however, short-lived as we found ourselves rudely interrupted by a rawgabbit - a guest from the previous night’s soirée - now twankling a guitar. I suggested, but only in a pawky way, that we throw the blatherskite into the pond, but to my surprise others readily agreed, and the curglaff was clear on his countenance as we promptly dispatched the pettifogger into the freezing water.
I'm flabbergasted...

That'd really comfy cool. Great walking temp. I thought it would be much higher. When does it get hot?
This time of the year. Yesterday was +30c. In summer (now) it can get to high 30s (quite often) and, rarely, low 40-42c. I agree, current temperature is great for walking. So far, this summer has been mild.

I also belong to the FB Old School Quad group, for some reason, FB shows me pictures like this:

Kirk Bayne

D-R.jpg

The two hottest places I have been to were Laughlin (USA) and Oman - both got to +50.5c
I was in Sevilla, España in 2004, and I remember looking at a heat map of Europe and Northern Africa that showed only two places with the highest temperature color that day: Sevilla, and the middle of the Sahara Desert. 😳

I'm going to assume I was there on July 25, when it was 44.3°C. I have since experienced hotter in my own backyard here in Portland, Oregon, during the Pacific Northwest "heat dome" event of 2021.

I was in Sevilla, España in 2004, and I remember looking at a heat map of Europe and Northern Africa that showed only two places with the highest temperature color that day: Sevilla, and the middle of the Sahara Desert. 😳

I'm going to assume I was there on July 25, when it was 44.3°C. I have since experienced hotter in my own backyard here in Portland, Oregon, during the Pacific Northwest "heat dome" event of 2021.
In 2015 I was in Bilbao, Spain, and it was 45c. Seemed hotter than Laughlin and Oman, but I was doing a lot more walking. Seville in 2015 was very nice by the way.

Remember the thing I was bricking? That's a remix one of my friends made, sampling a Nintendo game called Animal Crossing and Kanye West's Touch The Sky.

I asked for the multis and mixed it for fun in stereo without referencing my friend's mix to see our differences in artistically approaching a mix.

I don't know if I have like many layers of subtle references only I will get with this remix but it's quite possibly the funniest 5.1 mix I've heard yet. I don't know what I did. It's bound to cause someone an aneurysm. I completely obliterated most of the sounds.

To reiterate, the original mix sounds nowhere close to as goofy as this. Here's a snippet.

I will probably find this unfunny and delete it in the morning. LOL.

You are correct in that it is not funny. Some of us have CDs in our collections that sound this bad.

Alright you elecrical tronic and sub guru's. My sub quit on me today. I revived it by flipping the phase switch back and forth a few times.
Prognosis?
Dirty contacts on the switch seems most likely, although with damn near every piece of electronics having a microprocessor in it, it’s hard to say for sure.

I think the hottest place I've ever been was Crete. Stepped off the nice cool plane into 115 F heat. Boy that was a shocker.
It has only dropped to 44 here is central Florida so far but it will get to mid thirties a few times,the hottest place I been to was in uncle sam's yacht club and trip to Bandar Abbas,Iran in 73.We were playing war games with the Shah of Irans navy before the Ayatollah took over.We hit the beach for liberty at around 115-120 degrees.

this is fugly. Everyday. This on top of the 5 inches on Wed. The 8 inches last night

Today
Snow. Patchy blowing snow. Steady temperature around 26. Blustery, with a west northwest wind 21 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 38 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime snow accumulation of around 2 inches.
Tonight
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Patchy blowing snow after 1am. Low around 14. West wind 15 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of around 5 inches.
Sunday
Snow before 2pm, then snow showers after 2pm. Patchy blowing snow after 9am. Temperature falling to around 13 by 3pm. Wind chill values as low as -5. Breezy, with a west wind 18 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of around 3 inches.
Sunday Night
Snow. Low around 9. Wind chill values as low as -5. West southwest wind 13 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
M.L.King Day
Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 13. West southwest wind around 14 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
Monday Night
Snow. Low around 7. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
Tuesday
Snow. High near 12. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
Tuesday Night
Snow likely, mainly before 1am. Cloudy, with a low around 8.
Wednesday
Snow likely, mainly after 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 18. Breezy.
Wednesday Night
Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 14.
Thursday
Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 21.
Thursday Night
Snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 10.
Friday
Snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 19.

this is fugly. Everyday. This on top of the 5 inches on Wed. The 8 inches last night

Today
Snow. Patchy blowing snow. Steady temperature around 26. Blustery, with a west northwest wind 21 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 38 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime snow accumulation of around 2 inches.
Tonight
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Patchy blowing snow after 1am. Low around 14. West wind 15 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of around 5 inches.
Sunday
Snow before 2pm, then snow showers after 2pm. Patchy blowing snow after 9am. Temperature falling to around 13 by 3pm. Wind chill values as low as -5. Breezy, with a west wind 18 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of around 3 inches.
Sunday Night
Snow. Low around 9. Wind chill values as low as -5. West southwest wind 13 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
M.L.King Day
Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 13. West southwest wind around 14 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
Monday Night
Snow. Low around 7. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
Tuesday
Snow. High near 12. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
Tuesday Night
Snow likely, mainly before 1am. Cloudy, with a low around 8.
Wednesday
Snow likely, mainly after 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 18. Breezy.
Wednesday Night
Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 14.
Thursday
Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 21.
Thursday Night
Snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 10.
Friday
Snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 19.
This is exactly why I canceled my trip to Lansing yesterday. Figured I didn't want to battle the roads getting back home last night.

Back