Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m watching “Northern Exposure” and there is a scene of Chris waxing poetic, and he leans and rests his arm for awhile across an album on a turntable while wearing a rough cotton shirt. It’s funny, the treatment of bare albums today compared to years ago. I remember vinyl being stored out of the sleeve and in between wire separations.

Last edited:
I’m watching “Northern Exposure” and there is a scene of Chris waxing poetic, and he leans and rests his arm for awhile across an album on a turntable while wearing a rough cotton shirt. It’s funny, the treatment of bare albums today compared to years ago. I remember vinyl being stored out of the sleeve and in between wire separations.

Haha good post I love it.

1705451835059.jpeg

I'm pretty sure KBHR was mono AM radio so no one heard hiss & ticks. Cleaning the record with a shirt sleeve was all showmanship. I DL'ed the whole series maybe 5 years ago & had vast amounts of fun re-watching here and there since then.

OH! Look at this:

https://www.kbhr570.com/

Haha good post I love it.

View attachment 100398

I'm pretty sure KBHR was mono AM radio so no one heard hiss & ticks. Cleaning the record with a shirt sleeve was all showmanship. I DL'ed the whole series maybe 5 years ago & had vast amounts of fun re-watching here and there since then.

OH! Look at this:

https://www.kbhr570.com/
Wasn't that all filmed in Washington (state)?

Wasn't that all filmed in Washington (state)?

Right you are. Exteriors were shot in Roslyn, Washington. You can see the name on the side of a building in the opening credits. A women I used to work with was born & raised there. Her father was the city's one & only trash collector. She had grown up and moved to KC area well before the TV show. Obviously she loved watching it.

I loved that show (still do), though there was quite a kerfuffle when the DVDs came out as the original music had mostly been replaced by elevator musak, due to high licencing fees. Fortunately, releases of the DVDs (Germany) and Blu-rays (UK) could avoid this problem, so the original music was restored.

I loved that show (still do), though there was quite a kerfuffle when the DVDs came out as the original music had mostly been replaced by elevator musak, due to high licencing fees. Fortunately, releases of the DVDs (Germany) and Blu-rays (UK) could avoid this problem, so the original music was restored.
I bought the German Turbine Blu-ray box a few years ago. Original music intact.

I've just had an email from Mascot Records and there is a Robby Krieger (Doors guitarist) album coming out, there was a link to the video of a track from it called
Samosas & KingFishers (..... and the dancer gives Toyah a run for her money!)

Although not surround I'm ordering the album, really liked the track!

I've just had an email from Mascot Records and there is a Robby Krieger (Doors guitarist) album coming out, there was a link to the video of a track from it called
Samosas & KingFishers (..... and the dancer gives Toyah a run for her money!)

Although not surround I'm ordering the album, really liked the track!

As an avid Doors fan, this makes me very happy! Ironically, I literally just ordered his previous album and it's out for delivery today. I'll be looking for this as well.

EDIT! OK, I'm a dope. This is the one I ordered. lmao This is the debut of this band. I'm getting a red vinyl version. I cannot wait to listen to the whole album.

Last edited:
Back