Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For anyone using amazon prime, we all know that unless you pay extra you're getting ads but did you know that if you don’t pay they’ve removed dolby atmos and dolby vision as well???
I saw that mentioned on the forum somewhere.
So you pay for Prime, then they want you to pay more for Atmos and Dolby Vision? Super. Let's all buy Jeff Bezos a new yacht!

For anyone using amazon prime, we all know that unless you pay extra you're getting ads but did you know that if you don’t pay they’ve removed dolby atmos and dolby vision as well???
Another reason to fear the demise of physical media. Once there is no other way but streaming, they can pretty much nickel and dime us wherever they want. I also get that they can play games with the prices of physical media as well, but once you pay the initial price they can't get any more out of you. (Well, until they come up with 8K and Atmos+ and we all buy it again). LOL

I think companies are finally figuring out that streaming doesn't solve the issues they wanted it to solve and they are robbing themselves of money so they're trying to go back to the old ways...which won't work as well anymore because a significant portion of the population now expects all this content for such a low price.

Well ya never know what you might run into on an anime/manga Discord:

ANIME FLAC.jpg

YOU GUYS USE DISCORD? 😭
Are those tears of joy or tears of grief?

I use it but I don't like it as much as a traditional forum, if that's what the intent is. Once upon a time we had an amazing anime club in the area with regular meetings/viewings at a pizza place, sudden gatherings, sushi restaurants, get together's at peoples homes. Then things dwindled over the years & the cost & time to mainlining a real forum like QQ couldn't be justified. Hello Discord.

It has been fun to watch stuff as a group during the lock down, use voice instead of just text, etc. But somehow after everyone's pandemic lifestyle we never got into high gear again.

Ya want an invite?

Are those tears of joy or tears of grief?

I use it but I don't like it as much as a traditional forum, if that's what the intent is. Once upon a time we had an amazing anime club in the area with regular meetings/viewings at a pizza place, sudden gatherings, sushi restaurants, get together's at peoples homes. Then things dwindled over the years & the cost & time to mainlining a real forum like QQ couldn't be justified. Hello Discord.

It has been fun to watch stuff as a group during the lock down, use voice instead of just text, etc. But somehow after everyone's pandemic lifestyle we never got into high gear again.

Ya want an invite?
Nah. I have Discord but basically use it as a glorified SMS app between friends. I much prefer forums for communities, or IRC.
I'm surprised anybody above the age of 30 uses Discord, that's all.

Another reason to fear the demise of physical media. Once there is no other way but streaming, they can pretty much nickel and dime us wherever they want. I also get that they can play games with the prices of physical media as well, but once you pay the initial price they can't get any more out of you. (Well, until they come up with 8K and Atmos+ and we all buy it again). LOL
I hope I live long enough to see the reissues with a hologram of the band playing in front of you, that certainly will be coming.

As a well known gear head on QQ, there will be an explosion of streaming gear, there already is, but it will go to new heights if we go to no more physical releases.

I try to be a modern hip cat in the world of audio, but I could see myself turning to an old curmudgeon living in The Glory Days of Audio, complaining about how things used to be just because I can't figure out the new modern format.

I hope I live long enough to see the reissues with a hologram of the band playing in front of you, that certainly will be coming.

As a well known gear head on QQ, there will be an explosion of streaming gear, there already is, but it will go to new heights if we go to no more physical releases.

I try to be a modern hip cat in the world of audio, but I could see myself turning to an old curmudgeon living in The Glory Days of Audio, complaining about how things used to be just because I can't figure out the new modern format.
For me, I look at the piles of discs I have and realize that there is very little coming out now that will ever top the core albums in my collection. With that in mind, it’s hard to worry about any of it. Stream or not, physical or not, I already have 99.99%of what I care about in my pocket. Everything coming out now is just icing.

Apparently normal people can't just listen to a song and immediately imagine what color or location it sounds like? I feel like I'm being messed with. There's no way. But then again, there are tons of people who can't imagine an apple spinning around in their head, so maybe I just have an active mind.

Apparently normal people can't just listen to a song and immediately imagine what color or location it sounds like? I feel like I'm being messed with. There's no way. But then again, there are tons of people who can't imagine an apple spinning around in their head, so maybe I just have an active mind.
synesthesia? like on an acid trip? :unsure:

I'll get started on the T-shirts. :smokin

Well I don't know how/where CSN&Y 4 Way Street LP was pressed, but I ended up buying 4 copies before I got a decent one.
How 'bout it, Atlantic Records?
Two actually had a "hump" in the vinyl that would cause an instant of distortion/or no clear sound until the needle found the groove, on the first track.
Abysmal. In the early 70's I found the best vinyl from UK/EU sellers. Where they were actually made I have no clue now.
It was rumored at the time that old stock, labels and all, were thrown back into the pot to melt down for new LP's. Sounds ludicrous, but some definitely sounded that way.

Well I don't know how/where CSN&Y 4 Way Street LP was pressed, but I ended up buying 4 copies before I got a decent one.
How 'bout it, Atlantic Records?
Two actually had a "hump" in the vinyl that would cause an instant of distortion/or no clear sound until the needle found the groove, on the first track.
Abysmal. In the early 70's I found the best vinyl from UK/EU sellers. Where they were actually made I have no clue now.
It was rumored at the time that old stock, labels and all, were thrown back into the pot to melt down for new LP's. Sounds ludicrous, but some definitely sounded that way.
And people wonder why I went all digital…

Back