Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for that. I guess If Im going to wire my house upfor networking I would want to choose Cat8 for future proofing....
No. You want to use plastic flex conduit, 1/2" or 3/4". That way you can put whatever comes along in it later. Copper or Fiber, or coax. Put a small wire in it as a tracer and future pull string. Photograph all walls before closing or insulating.

I don't wish the pain in my lower back on anyone. All I did was reach under a cabinet to acquire a strategically placed dinosaur that my 3 year old grandson placed.....and boom. I assume it's a strained muscle, but lower back. Been killing me now for about 5 days. Bending over at all, not an option right now. Socks? Forget it. Underwear? Leave em on. lol

I don't wish the pain in my lower back on anyone. All I did was reach under a cabinet to acquire a strategically placed dinosaur that my 3 year old grandson placed.....and boom. I assume it's a strained muscle, but lower back. Been killing me now for about 5 days. Bending over at all, not an option right now. Socks? Forget it. Underwear? Leave em on. lol
I feel for you man, my back goes at least once a month, I take naproxen and cocodamol and the pain goes fairly quickly, speak to your doc and ask for these (if available in the US)

First thing in the morning I can barely pull on a pair of shorts and socks, my back hurts so bad. seems to be a permanent thing now. As the day progresses and I keep moving around it gets better.
But like you say, one wrong move bending over and it's a shot of intense pain. I think that happens to many people and as you age you have to be careful, even if you feel like your in good shape. Ah young people have no idea what's in store for them. lol.

I need help guys and gals, a problem has arisen that is annoying as hell, I listen to music without the tv as much as possible but today i’ve started having hdmi handshake problems, when i’m listening to an album it goes silent for a couple of seconds every now and then, I know it’s not the discs as they play perfectly if I leave the tv on. I’m playing the discs on a yamaha bd-a1040, into a denon avr-x2600 and on to a samsung tv. I have turned off hdmi-cec on all three devices so have no idea why it’s started now.
Any ideas?

Being in the Central area, I hope not to get hit too hard. But yes, the state needs the water from a good storage of mountain snow pack.

The thing I hate the worst is the high winds; the last storm that came through knocked our power out for 7 1/2 hours. I fear damage to the audio/video gear and other things with power outages. Lost a frig/freezer a couple of years back that way. And really fear loosing hundreds of dollars in food if a long outage thaws it. Can you imagine the heartbreak of a large gorgeous Ribeye roast going bad 😭 Would have to go caveman and cook it on the grill perhaps.

However flooding would be way worse! I still remember Gene battling flood waters. Painful stuff.

I was supposed to take my boy to a boy scout campout in Orange County this weekend but it was cancelled due to the oncoming rainstorm. Last months campout was also cancelled due to rain.
However they are making the senior boys go on a local practice hike in the rain tomorrow.....I get to drop him off go home to coffee and music listening then pick up my soggy son late afternoon.
No doubt I will be in a better mood than he will.....

Oh and I sympathyze about lower back pain. For years I would hear people complain about but never understood. Then I got it.....
When it has occurred I have to be driven to urgent care and get a Toradol shot to relieve the pain. Luckily I only get it every couple of years and yes it happens out of nowhere.

Being in the Central area, I hope not to get hit too hard. But yes, the state needs the water from a good storage of mountain snow pack.

The thing I hate the worst is the high winds; the last storm that came through knocked our power out for 7 1/2 hours. I fear damage to the audio/video gear and other things with power outages. Lost a frig/freezer a couple of years back that way. And really fear loosing hundreds of dollars in food if a long outage thaws it. Can you imagine the heartbreak of a large gorgeous Ribeye roast going bad 😭 Would have to go caveman and cook it on the grill perhaps.

However flooding would be way worse! I still remember Gene battling flood waters. Painful stuff.
Being in Floriduh, we get a lot of storms. I bought a 5500W generator many years ago. Won't run the AC or Heat but will r un the fridge, freezer, lights and fans.
It's wired into the main box via an outdoor type box and a 10 gauge extension cord I made to jack 220 into the house.
As far as the pc equipment, it's all on UPS.
But you can get very small portable generators and keep the fridge/freezer going. My Daughter has a small one that runs on either gasoline or LP gas.

Being in Floriduh, we get a lot of storms. I bought a 5500W generator many years ago. Won't run the AC or Heat but will r un the fridge, freezer, lights and fans.
It's wired into the main box via an outdoor type box and a 10 gauge extension cord I made to jack 220 into the house.
As far as the pc equipment, it's all on UPS.
But you can get very small portable generators and keep the fridge/freezer going. My Daughter has a small one that runs on either gasoline or LP gas.
Smart of you.
We usually have had very few outages, but they seem to be getting more frequent, so I may need to look into a small generator.

I need help guys and gals, a problem has arisen that is annoying as hell, I listen to music without the tv as much as possible but today i’ve started having hdmi handshake problems, when i’m listening to an album it goes silent for a couple of seconds every now and then, I know it’s not the discs as they play perfectly if I leave the tv on. I’m playing the discs on a yamaha bd-a1040, into a denon avr-x2600 and on to a samsung tv. I have turned off hdmi-cec on all three devices so have no idea why it’s started now.
Any ideas?
Try unplugging the TV from the mains power, I get the same issue if I leave mine plugged in but switched off - HDMI can power up the local circuit in the TV, it still tries to do a handshake even with CEC off in the settings - it does on my Sony TV

https://drlumbago.com/

I’ve used the stretches whenever i tweak my back, and it’s pretty damn good.

https://drlumbago.com/

I’ve used the stretches whenever i tweak my back, and it’s pretty damn good.
I first hurt my back at work in the 80's. Back then they had a "physical terrorist" that came in a few days a week. Showed me some good movements to relieve the pain.

Back