Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I announced my retirement, they asked me what it would take to stay on, and I said “six figures.” I also would have said that I needed at least two product certifications so I could actually fix a handful of programming screwups in the gear there. I was relieved when I didn’t get an answer.
No matter how much money they pay us, they can never compensate us for our time. We just can't add another day to our lifespan to make up for a day spent at the office.

good for you.....I had throat cancer for my sickness.....been cancer free ever since but I still get a yearly check-up...just to make sure......
My wife is a cancer survivor, so I have a bit of an idea what you might have gone through. Of course, I’m glad you’re well, but probably not quite as glad as you are. 😀

No matter how much money they pay us, they can never compensate us for our time. We just can't add another day to our lifespan to make up for a day spent at the office.
I didn’t dislike my work, although management often did their best to turn it into just a job. But I was ready to go on my own. The money would have gone into my retirement funding, although that’s proven itself to be plenty adequate over the last nine years, so it certainly wasn’t necessary.

you probably could say that.....lol.....I enjoy my retirement by doing repairs for individual people and family and doing music with y wife....we also write and perform our own material as well.....it is a very satisfying way to spend the rest of my days.....so I am able to as they say....."Live The dream??" lol......and it is fantastic...

Fine for me. Checked your speed lately at speedtest.net?
Well (ADSL) I'm only getting around 35mbps down and 18 up but the internet tv is on..but shouldn't make that much a cut. So less than half normal. Not sure what's going on.
Fiber soon I hope, line is run down to my property and the terminator box (or whatever it's called) installed. Guy installed the box said maybe in a month, but he did not speak good English so I might have misinterpreted.

Well (ADSL) I'm only getting around 35mbps down and 18 up but the internet tv is on..but shouldn't make that much a cut. So less than half normal. Not sure what's going on.
Fiber soon I hope, line is run down to my property and the terminator box (or whatever it's called) installed. Guy installed the box said maybe in a month, but he did not speak good English so I might have misinterpreted.

We went from 5 mbps to 500 mbps. You are going to love fiber. I doubt I could ever go back to those slower speeds, although your normal 70 mbps is pretty good. The ultra high speeds are great for sharing large files...ahem...

We went from 5 mbps to 500 mbps. You are going to love fiber. I doubt I could ever go back to those slower speeds, although your normal 70 mbps is pretty good. The ultra high speeds are great for sharing large files...ahem...
I have been told by the project manager we will be offered up to 2 gig up/down. Time to get under the house and upgrade the old CAT 5 to CAT 8 I'm thinking.

Rolled my new high–and my 11th clean–game today!
Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 10.45.04 PM.png

On a random plough through youtube I found a guy extolling the virtues of this free app for the firestick, it has literally 1,000’s of movies and tv series in hd including bang up to date movies and is perfectly legal. It’s called Onstream, you need to install it through downloader, then input onstream.so into the url input
The only negative is it’s in stereo only so have to use fake surround for a great listening experience

Ladies and Gents, I'm a gonna have a good time Friday!
My wife ordered me a box of fresh oysters. I'm gonna be shucking and jiving out in my shop (supposed to rain Friday).
Time to charge up the bluetooth speaker and look for my short, large handle flathead screwdriver. :SB
Good for you...enjoy...personally I prefer either whole cod or whole salmon stuffed with dressing....

Ladies and Gents, I'm a gonna have a good time Friday!
My wife ordered me a box of fresh oysters. I'm gonna be shucking and jiving out in my shop (supposed to rain Friday).
Time to charge up the bluetooth speaker and look for my short, large handle flathead screwdriver. :SB
How's ya likes yer ersters?
Rah, rah, rah!

Back