Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I told my doc that when I retired, so did my alarm clock. Then I got a cat, which has something to do with why I’m here now and not asleep.
I was lucky enough to retire at 54 due to an illness which took over a year to get over...that was in 2010....I now repair electronic equipment as a hobby and spend much of my time with my guitar as I am also a musician....my wife and I do live streams on facebook and tic-tok.....she also does commisioned art work for people and has art tutorials on youtube.... so we keep very busy during our retirement.....gotta love it.....no more alarm clock....no more bosses....life is fantastic......and hopefully that is the way it is going to stay....

I was lucky enough to retire at 54 due to an illness which took over a year to get over...that was in 2010....I now repair electronic equipment as a hobby and spend much of my time with my guitar as I am also a musician....my wife and I do live streams on facebook and tic-tok.....she also does commisioned art work for people and has art tutorials on youtube.... so we keep very busy during our retirement.....gotta love it.....no more alarm clock....no more bosses....life is fantastic......and hopefully that is the way it is going to stay....
Sounds great. Well except for the illness. 2010.... I also went through a rough time and eventually had pretty invasive surgery but eventually went back to work for another year and retired early with a lot of physical problems.
I definitely do not miss company politics and ....dipsticks to be polite about it.

I absolutely LOVE spring. I mean, being cold all the time, I hate it. Then there's the whole static electricity shit in our house when the furnace is running. Am I the only one who gets shocked when I wash my hands in the winter? Crazy.....no, I mean, the water shocks me. Dumb.
There are such things as whole-house humidifiers that can be installed on your furnace. We have one with our new system.

I retired in October of 2014, after six months of wondering why I was the only person in the place who actually gave a shit about how well the equipment was functioning. The bureaucracies weren’t listening, and I saw no future in trying any more. I was 67 years old, and while I thought there was still plenty of work to be done, I realized I wasn’t going to be able to move the managers to authorize even minor expenditures to correct the remarkable engineering and installation fuckups in the place. I gave them two months notice to find a replacement, and with a week to go, they asked me to stay another two weeks, so I did. Then they asked for another two weeks and I told them their problems were no longer my problems.

I keep up with a few of my coworkers, but the management taught me how to not give a shit about the joint, and I don’t. Now I’m doing a bunch of house, car, and electronic projects at my own pace, and pretty much living the dream.

C'mon man...........sheesh

• This
    Afternoon
    This Afternoon: Mostly sunny, with a high near 71. Southwest wind around 18 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.

Mostly Sunny
    High: 71 °F
  • Tonight

Tonight: A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 10pm, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm between 10pm and 4am, then showers after 4am.  Low around 28. South wind 9 to 15 mph becoming west northwest after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 24 mph.  Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Showers
    Low: 28 °F
  • Wednesday

Wednesday: Snow showers, mainly before 1pm. Some thunder is also possible.  Temperature falling to around 23 by 3pm. Breezy, with a west northwest wind 21 to 26 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph.  Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

Snow Showers
    and Breezy
    High: 32 °F⇓
  • Wednesday
    Night
    Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 19. West northwest wind 13 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.

Partly Cloudy
    Low: 19 °F
  • Thursday

I retired in October of 2014, after six months of wondering why I was the only person in the place who actually gave a shit about how well the equipment was functioning. The bureaucracies weren’t listening, and I saw no future in trying any more. I was 67 years old, and while I thought there was still plenty of work to be done, I realized I wasn’t going to be able to move the managers to authorize even minor expenditures to correct the remarkable engineering and installation fuckups in the place. I gave them two months notice to find a replacement, and with a week to go, they asked me to stay another two weeks, so I did. Then they asked for another two weeks and I told them their problems were no longer my problems.

I keep up with a few of my coworkers, but the management taught me how to not give a shit about the joint, and I don’t. Now I’m doing a bunch of house, car, and electronic projects at my own pace, and pretty much living the dream.
After 'attempting ' to retire the past year or so its finally going to happen. For sure. Two weeks ago I want from Employer to Employee ( thats a weird phase shift dynamic btw ). The Countdown Clock is ticking and early August 2024 cant get here soon enough. And ? Im now sleeping (!!) with no worries of owning and running a business.....sleep is wonderful.

I gave them two months notice to find a replacement, and with a week to go, they asked me to stay another two weeks, so I did. Then they asked for another two weeks and I told them their problems were no longer my problems.
About a year and a half after retirement, my last boss called and offered me an absurd amount of money to come back as a consultant. At first it was intriguing and employment negotiations proceeded. Then I started getting worked up about the pressure of living up to a ridiculous amount of money for project development where most opportunities didn't make the cut.

I eventually called back and said that it wasn't enough money. No matter how much you offer, it will never be enough money.

So I play with my surround sound system, my choo choos, go hiking, read books, and spend too much time on this forum. But most of all, I get used and abused by people who think that I have time on my hands that they can exploit. :ROFLMAO:

About a year and a half after retirement, my last boss called and offered me an absurd amount of money to come back as a consultant. At first it was intriguing and employment negotiations proceeded. Then I started getting worked up about the pressure of living up to a ridiculous amount of money for project development where most opportunities didn't make the cut.

I eventually called back and said that it wasn't enough money. No matter how much you offer, it will never be enough money.

So I play with my surround sound system, my choo choos, go hiking, read books, and spend too much time on this forum. But most of all, I get used and abused by people who think that I have time on my hands that they can exploit. :ROFLMAO:
When I announced my retirement, they asked me what it would take to stay on, and I said “six figures.” I also would have said that I needed at least two product certifications so I could actually fix a handful of programming screwups in the gear there. I was relieved when I didn’t get an answer.

Last edited:

good for you.....I had throat cancer for my sickness.....been cancer free ever since but I still get a yearly check-up...just to make sure......

Back