Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To me, the 24 fps diehards in the video realm are equivalent to the stereo diehards in the audio realm.

willis.jpeg

To me, the 24 fps diehards in the video realm are equivalent to the stereo diehards in the audio realm.
I've not given that much...well any thought, I admit. I don't buy movies and the way people act out and yak in theaters I don't go.
But having said that, whatever enhancements that could be made is probably a good thing.
Well I did pre order the 4K "Stop Making Sense" so that's the first "movie" purchase in years I guess.

It's an acculturation thing. Historically, the lower framerate of film denoted higher budgets and required a theatrical experience, while the higher framerate of analog video (in NTSC regions) suggested low budgets and meant watching TV at home. There's a reason the "soap opera effect" has that name, and it's the same reason prestige television has used 24fps for decades and continues to do so. Higher frame rates—like Peter Jackson's choice of 48fps for the Hobbit films, or turning on motion interpolation on a television—are met with visceral negative reactions from most viewers, myself included. It looks "wrong," "unnatural," and "cheap." Logically, just as with gaming, the highest framerate possible ought to be the most desirable as it will look the closest to real life. The reality, however, is that most of us prefer the lower temporal fidelity of 24fps.

Family Dollar was hit with a record fine this year for violating product safety standards after selling items that were stocked in a rat-infested warehouse filled with live, dead and decaying rodents. The $41.6 million fine was “the largest-ever monetary criminal penalty in a food safety case,” the Justice Department said.

I've never set foot in a Family Dollar in my life, and I suppose I never will at this point. :censored: :hi

Family Dollar was hit with a record fine this year for violating product safety standards after selling items that were stocked in a rat-infested warehouse filled with live, dead and decaying rodents. The $41.6 million fine was “the largest-ever monetary criminal penalty in a food safety case,” the Justice Department said.

I've never set foot in a Family Dollar in my life, and I suppose I never will at this point. :censored: :hi
Rats are always a concern in warehouses that store bagged goods such as dogfood. Since by their nature they are always open what with trucks loading and unloading. I worked at one for a summer and I remember the supervisor shooting them with a bb gun. lol. They are survivors.

OK, a little excitement at my home this morning. About 10 days ago, our trusted Lamar was acting goofy in our basement. Darting his head around. I figured it was just a bug or something. Whelp.

I just found a bat hanging upside down from a PVC water pipe in the basement. :hi After a bit of swatting at it with a broom, trying to get it into a box, it took off. Unfortunately, I must have hurt it a bit as I found it laying upside down on my bowflex. Either way, I didn't want the damn thing in the house. I grabbed a pair of pliers, grabbed it's foot....it started flapping and squeeking. I managed to toss it outside, and it flew off. I have no doubt I hurt it, and I feel bad. But jeezzzzz.

OK, a little excitement at my home this morning. About 10 days ago, our trusted Lamar was acting goofy in our basement. Darting his head around. I figured it was just a bug or something. Whelp.

I just found a bat hanging upside down from a PVC water pipe in the basement. :hi After a bit of swatting at it with a broom, trying to get it into a box, it took off. Unfortunately, I must have hurt it a bit as I found it laying upside down on my bowflex. Either way, I didn't want the damn thing in the house. I grabbed a pair of pliers, grabbed it's foot....it started flapping and squeeking. I managed to toss it outside, and it flew off. I have no doubt I hurt it, and I feel bad. But jeezzzzz.
Bowflex. Is that one of those isometric exercise thingies or do I have it confused with something else?

Bowflex makes all sorts of equipment. Mine is basically a weight machine with big rubber bands as the weights.
Well my exercise yesterday consisted of wearing a 40# backpack leaf blower for two hours. We don't need no stinkin' exercise equipment. lol!
Boy am I sore today.

Back