Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well my exercise yesterday consisted of wearing a 40# backpack leaf blower for two hours. We don't need no stinkin' exercise equipment. lol!
Boy am I sore today.
img_0500-gif.812112

Power to the people!

this one is a Simply Random Question. Im naive to streaming. And my question relates to streaming of live TV shows ( i.e sporting events, etc ).
The question - is the audio channel surround encoded ? In other words, if I live stream an NFL game, am I able decode the audio signal in 5.1 ?
And remember - Im still at the phase that I am amazed how well my cassettes sound compared to my 8 tracks.........so be kind to the elderly....

this one is a Simply Random Question. Im naive to streaming. And my question relates to streaming of live TV shows ( i.e sporting events, etc ).
The question - is the audio channel surround encoded ? In other words, if I live stream an NFL game, am I able decode the audio signal in 5.1 ?
And remember - Im still at the phase that I am amazed how well my cassettes sound compared to my 8 tracks.........so be kind to the elderly....
Well there used to be a lot of content in DD 5.1. These days I don't have any gear hooked up from the TV audio feed so I can't give specifics.

Whether it's network TV or ESPN+ on our Disney bundle, or YT TV at my son in laws... my experience is a sports game is 90% commentators vocals out of center front. Spectator noise comes strongly from the rear.If it's football random noise is dispersed amongst the speakers. In other words whether it's delivered as 5.1 discrete or stereo AC-3, it doesn't matter much. It's just not the same as music surround.

I have Dish. Most everything is 5.1. I pull local from antennae into Dish receiver and its in 5.1. Yes - some of the 5.1 is really bad , some of it is done very well
Either way, I can tailor it with my Settings button to make it acceptable

So is live streaming 5.1 ? Is streaming 5.1 ?

I have Dish. Most everything is 5.1. I pull local from antennae into Dish receiver and its in 5.1. Yes - some of the 5.1 is really bad , some of it is done very well
Either way, I can tailor it with my Settings button to make it acceptable

So is live streaming 5.1 ? Is streaming 5.1 ?

Mr Google stepped in.......he answered my question

What streams in 5.1 surround sound?

Streaming Service App Surround Sound Support
Streaming Service2.0 Stereo PCMDolby Digital 5.1
NetflixYesYes
Amazon PrimeYesYes
Disney+YesYes
VuduYesYes

I’ve watched a few live and recorded sports through my Roku from sources like Peacock and Netflix. It’s spotty.

I have a wired Ethernet connection to the Roku and HDMI from the Roku to my Marantz pre-pro. Clearly, it CAN happen if the producer wants it to. Not all do.

How open are you guys generally to non-rock non-classical genres in 5.1?
So you’re asking about show tunes and country?

Well, I have Johnny Cash’s “Live at Folsom Prison” in quad, so, heah, I’m open to it.

I’m also working on getting everything the new age Lichtmond has released (although I’m a bit frustrated at not being able to find “Journey” in the US) in surround.

So you’re asking about show tunes and country?

Well, I have Johnny Cash’s “Live at Folsom Prison” in quad, so, heah, I’m open to it.

I’m also working on getting everything the new age Lichtmond has released (although I’m a bit frustrated at not being able to find “Journey” in the US) in surround.
I think I have all the Lichtmond series. 4, right? I think Journey would be number 4 and is Atmos. 3 was Auro3D and DTS-HD 7.1.
2 and 1 are DTS-HD 7.1 IIRC.
Some are 3D.

We have a single spot on the Boise River where one person can surf.
Surfers were out in Santa Cruz, Ca. the other day. They jump off the small cliff on the left in this photo. The waves were enormous. I would have taken pics of them, but there was no reference for the actual size of the beasts.

Surfers.jpg

Huge storm driven waves have seriously eroded the coast in Santa Cruz. Here are pics of a small damaged area. Note the fence foundations dangling in mid air. There was more serious damage down the road...probably a couple of thousand feet that they have been repairing. In some places there are remnants of where the path used to be compared to where it is now.

Storm damage1.jpg

Storm damage 2.jpg

Back