Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I have all the Lichtmond series. 4, right? I think Journey would be number 4 and is Atmos. 3 was Auro3D and DTS-HD 7.1.
2 and 1 are DTS-HD 7.1 IIRC.
Some are 3D.
As far as I know, “Journey” is #4. Their website has a link to Amazon.de, but being in the US, that page has no listings for anything that can be exported. I don’t recall anything on discogs (where I just got #3) or ebay for that recording. But I’ll keep looking, and maybe some European member here can help me out, as long as it isn’t considered smuggling. I don’t know why amazon.de won’t ship to the US, or why amazon US doesn’t carry it.

As far as I know, “Journey” is #4. Their website has a link to Amazon.de, but being in the US, that page has no listings for anything that can be exported. I don’t recall anything on discogs (where I just got #3) or ebay for that recording. But I’ll keep looking, and maybe some European member here can help me out, as long as it isn’t considered smuggling. I don’t know why amazon.de won’t ship to the US, or why amazon US doesn’t carry it.
Yes. It definitely helps to have friends in the EU. Or anywhere for that matter.
I once authored a disc for a QQ member in the NL. He supplied the music. I burned the disc and sent it to him, he paid the shipping.
Helping each other out is a good thing.

Surfers were out in Santa Cruz, Ca. the other day. They jump off the small cliff on the left in this photo. The waves were enormous. I would have taken pics of them, but there was no reference for the actual size of the beasts.

View attachment 103394

Huge storm driven waves have seriously eroded the coast in Santa Cruz. Here are pics of a small damaged area. Note the fence foundations dangling in mid air. There was more serious damage down the road...probably a couple of thousand feet that they have been repairing. In some places there are remnants of where the path used to be compared to where it is now.

View attachment 103395

View attachment 103396
"California tumbles off into the sea" from a SD song.

Alice Cooper and Colonel Sanders

col sanders and alice cooper.jpg

I just woke up from a short nap and all the birdies have gone away because it started raining...😢...but it's rare we get rain here without thunder so 😁
I have feeders in the front and back, positioned to be seen from the living room, and two birdbaths in the back. Love watching the birds come and go. We have Cardinals year round but it's about time for the Hummers and Tanagers to show up soon. But this is one of those years I have a very determined squirrel.....

I have feeders in the front and back, positioned to be seen from the living room, and two birdbaths in the back. Love watching the birds come and go. We have Cardinals year round but it's about time for the Hummers and Tanagers to show up soon. But this is one of those years I have a very determined squirrel.....
I have a few of those American imports to the UK coming into my garden who seem hell bent on scaring off the birds and emptying the birdfeeders - at least with the rodent proof mesh around the roof edges and under the first set of tiles they aren't getting into my loft anymore - well so far!

I have Dish. Most everything is 5.1. I pull local from antennae into Dish receiver and its in 5.1. Yes - some of the 5.1 is really bad , some of it is done very well
Either way, I can tailor it with my Settings button to make it acceptable

So is live streaming 5.1 ? Is streaming 5.1 ?
I have YouTube TV and when I watch live sports, most of the time it comes through as a 5.1 signal. I think it depends on the network and possibly whether it is a nationally broadcast event or just local.

Back