Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw a surround sound album in a Barnes and Noble after a long time. Kids are buying CDs again. CDs are more than 20 dollars again. Vinyl sell more. Is the world healing or not? I'm getting mixed signals.
When the robots start to grab all the jobs, that's when the Aliens will rush in to take over.
ya feel me? Maybe an idea for your next album...

Well, from a fidelity and talent standpoint, fuck. That was amazing. I know nothing about Train, I assume the guy singing in this video is from Train. He's got a seriously great voice. Oh, and Joe. Well, you know. He's a freakshow on the strings.

I only wish the video were all live playing. Most of the video didn't match the song, so that sucks. But anyway. If Bonamassa or however the freak you spell his name wants to put out a covers album and play some classic rock....I'd be all over it.
The Train album Drops of Jupiter is brilliant, very definitely worth getting even if it’s not in surround, cd should be very cheap to get hold of

I believe I’ve paid for Fourbucks coffee twice in my life. I’ve had a couple of other people buy me one, but frankly, I can brew perfectly good coffee in my kitchen, and I buy from a local roaster, and it’s excellent.

I pretty much have all the records I want, although there’s a few that, should they pop up, I’ll buy, but I haven’t bought one for about five years now. OTOH, DV, Rhino, SDE Shop, and Amazon keep adding to the pile of discs I haven’t heard yet, but really, really, really intend to get to later this week.
Yes but it's not all just about the coffee. I like to get out of the house and soak up some sun and look at the people walking around. Just sit and veg there for 30 or 45 min. sometimes

The LPs that I have bought are (funny enough) all bootlegs released by major labels. Or vintage pro-recorded tapes that have not been booted but may as well have been. I like a good live platter recorded during the classic era. And the labels have decided to go into the vaults and hand over the goods after being so stingy for many decades. There are those Neil Young boots where he mastered them from his own better tapes but used the old bootleg cover art, Pink Floyd Wembley '74, Dylan Royal Albert Hall '66, Little Feat, and the Stones Toronto bust '77 box set. Incredible stuff. And I like it on vinyl just like the good old days.

Well, from a fidelity and talent standpoint, fuck. That was amazing. I know nothing about Train, I assume the guy singing in this video is from Train. He's got a seriously great voice. Oh, and Joe. Well, you know. He's a freakshow on the strings.

I only wish the video were all live playing. Most of the video didn't match the song, so that sucks. But anyway. If Bonamassa or however the freak you spell his name wants to put out a covers album and play some classic rock....I'd be all over it.
Check out Joe, live at Red Rocks where he does the blues to perfection. There is a physical disc available for this Concert!

Reactions: GOS
I just want to take a moment to be pointlessly off-topically smug and one-up something that no one cares about: I roast my own.

Though after well over a decade, the roaster is literally held together by duct tape and when it finally goes to The Great Bean In The Sky I'm not sure that I'll replace it.
I had a job that involved a LOT of travel, including to Honolulu, and on one of my trips, I bought a coffee plant. There are restrictions regarding moving plants from Hawaii to California (where I lived at the time) and they were all satisfied. But while the plant grew and seemed to do well, it produced about three beans over its lifetime. I had a roaster that I gave away, along with the potted tree, to my brother-in-law when we moved from CA. I heard the plant died a year or two ago, ending up being about 30 years old and a total bust as far as providing anyone with coffee.

So I tried, but failed miserably.

Yes but it's not all just about the coffee. I like to get out of the house and soak up some sun and look at the people walking around. Just sit and veg there for 30 or 45 min. sometimes.
Fourbucks has never been about the coffee. It’s mostly about all the other shit they adulterate the nectar of the gods with.👎

Fourbucks has never been about the coffee. It’s mostly about all the other shit they adulterate the nectar of the gods with.👎
Wow man, I'm probably the only one who loves Starbuck's coffee. I mean to say, if you can get there early and they are just wrapping up a fresh batch of Pike's Roast, I love it. I also brew my own coffee at home using extremely freshly roasted beans from a local roastary and I cannot get close to the depth of flavor that I get from fresh Pike's Roast.

Yes, they are expensive.

Wow man, I'm probably the only one who loves Starbuck's coffee. I mean to say, if you can get there early and they are just wrapping up a fresh batch of Pike's Roast, I love it. I also brew my own coffee at home using extremely freshly roasted beans from a local roastary and I cannot get close to the depth of flavor that I get from fresh Pike's Roast.

Yes, they are expensive.
I’m the last guy to tell smeone else how to spend their money, and I’m equally far back to tell someone else what they should like to drink. I think Starbucks is a bit like Ozzy - not everyone’s cup of tea (no, I’m not sorry), but clearly, they have plenty of followers.

I’m the last guy to tell smeone else how to spend their money, and I’m equally far back to tell someone else what they should like to drink. I think Starbucks is a bit like Ozzy - not everyone’s cup of tea (no, I’m not sorry), but clearly, they have plenty of followers.
I'm a coffee snob. So, for me to say I really like it means I really like it. All those "sheep" that just think it's cool to have a Starbucks in their hand, well you know. I generally wouldn't want to associate with them. My brothers both hate it and say it tastes burnt. lol. Yet, they buy their coffee from Casey's gas stations, which obviously is horrendous.

Scrolled by on FB...VHS art (I still use VHS several times a week, tonight for recording the MeTV red eye sci-fi block of shows):

Kirk Bayne

VHSart.jpg

Back