Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you ever watched a movie so bad that you feel like you never want to watch another new movie ever again?
You know how people will say "I want that 90 minutes back!" kind of tongue and cheek? I've genuinely thought that a few times! Never decided I was just done though.

Never wanted to give up on listening to music after hearing something truly bad either and I HAVE heard Yoko Ono!

I started watching Kevin Costner movie Horizon, I love any western but have to admit this is a little bit of a sleeper.
If it was intended to be 1 movie it would’ve been faster.
But 4 chapters too long, even if they film the final chapter?

I started watching Kevin Costner movie Horizon, I love any western but have to admit this is a little bit of a sleeper.
If it was intended to be 1 movie it would’ve been faster.
But 4 chapters too long, even if they film the final chapter?
Maybe it's meant to be watched with a strong cup of coffee made on a campfire like in them days.

Badlands, South Dakota.
1724517565956.jpeg

You all won’t believe this but my handle here is based on the same song.

Way back in time, I needed to create a forum name when Marillion launched their own official forum.

I was getting frustrated that the site kept telling me any variation I attempted using my first name (Greg) was not available and I didn’t like any of their automated suggestions.

The song “Splintering Heart” was playing off my ITunes and I think I tried “SplinteringGreg7” and I still got the rejection and one of the alternate suggestions was “splinter7”.

I thought it made sense back then, most people were not using their own name anyway.

So “Splinter” from the Marillion song.
“7” being my birthdate and preferred hockey jersey # for 40+ years.

My abandoned rollercoaster avatar is based on my fear/love relationship with rollercoasters born as youth at Cedar Point amusement park in Ohio.

Thanks for asking!
Signed,
Greg aka the original “splinter” :p

By the way - If you look up the song, look for the Splintering Heart Moles Club version. It has a way cooler guitar intro.

There is a thread about discussing what's behind your avatar. Might be interesting to repost this story there:

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/what-is-the-story-behind-your-avatar.14833/

I'd like to take this opportunity to celebrate Scotland. Yes it's true that men wear those kilts...but cross dressers in the US should take note of how colorful they are and the plaid...how distinctive....

Dead men don't wear plaid.
But more to the point... it's the freakin' bagpipes that scares the crap outta me. I thought I would be spared but then half way through the vid, there THEY were!! :eek:

I'd like to take this opportunity to celebrate Scotland. Yes it's true that men wear those kilts...but cross dressers in the US should take note of how colorful they are and the plaid...how distinctive....

Sweet. My Mother's family is Scot/Irish. Landed in the US in the 1700's. I got my best/worst traits from that side of the family. LOL!

Back