Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was in the 13's before, maybe in the 10's now?
Don't really want to be below 10 cuz NHRA makes you put in roll cage under 10.
My (now departed) Z28 would do high 11's with good fat rubber. With street radials 12's. But having only a 10 bolt rear I really was afraid of running those (borrowed) ET drag slicks and blowing the thing apart. Never did spring for a 12 bolt rear.

These sound like Dynamic Range ratings. There are indeed recordings with DRs under 10 that should have a roll cage...or simply put in a cage. LOL

I used to use 11's but I've been using 10's lately.

We're talking about the high E in the set, right?

Here ya go, Jim: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Screenshot 2024-08-23 at 5.21.34 PM.jpg

You running Nitto's? They take a little care on wet roads for sure, I have some experience with that brand. Hella traction, though at the track.
Having your track tires hauled to the track sounds like a great idea.
Don't you guys have any tuners in Cali? I'm out of the loop on who does what these days. We had a pretty good tuner in Brandon, FL back in the day I used.

Also I would have a good harness in the car, stock seat belts are sort of ....eh.
I agree with you on the seat belts, upcoming project.
Mickey Thompsons for the drag radials and Michelin for the regular.
I think the new slicks are Hoosiers, I'm getting confused.
Yes, we have tuners in CA but, your not supposed to so kind of a hush thing, for cars over 1976.
Through all the nightmares, the tuner was never the problem, he was great, that is why I stuck with him and he has not let me down yet.
Actually remote tuning, is just that, so really doesn't matter.
My problem was the shop I went to had a old floor Dyno without an eddy brake, so no tunes could be done at a constant RPM which just made things worse.
Anyway, moving on.

Listening to APP Pyramid now. Randomly, of course. (J/K). So far, so good. All ripped and scanned except the LP's and box.
I don't think it will need drag radials to make the 10's...we'll see.

@Mr. Afternoon reed valves are only on two strokes! Well, the old Bridgestone bikes anyway.

@GOS you're one traveling man!

But as for the true history of the nickname, which I use since the late 1990s in different forms throughout the Internet: it is derived from the song "Splintering Heart" by Marillion, which has a quite emotional finale, which you should give listen if you don't know it.
You all won’t believe this but my handle here is based on the same song.

Way back in time, I needed to create a forum name when Marillion launched their own official forum.

I was getting frustrated that the site kept telling me any variation I attempted using my first name (Greg) was not available and I didn’t like any of their automated suggestions.

The song “Splintering Heart” was playing off my ITunes and I think I tried “SplinteringGreg7” and I still got the rejection and one of the alternate suggestions was “splinter7”.

I thought it made sense back then, most people were not using their own name anyway.

So “Splinter” from the Marillion song.
“7” being my birthdate and preferred hockey jersey # for 40+ years.

My abandoned rollercoaster avatar is based on my fear/love relationship with rollercoasters born as youth at Cedar Point amusement park in Ohio.

Thanks for asking!
Signed,
Greg aka the original “splinter” :p

By the way - If you look up the song, look for the Splintering Heart Moles Club version. It has a way cooler guitar intro.

Back