Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of no consequence to the greater population..but I'm happy to report that after two hurricanes in a year's time, I've regained about 2 acres out of 5.3 free from fallen trees and debris. Chainsaw, rake, pitchfork, wheelbarrow, truck, manual labor. No heavy equipment except what I can lift with my arms.
I've also managed to rebuild my goldfish/koi pond and waterfall and remove/re-mortar all the rock.
No help.
Call me anything you want...but...

You don't have to call me Waylon Jennings
And you don't have to call me Charley Pride
And you don't have to call me Merle Haggard anymore
Even though you're on my fighting side.
… And I'll hang around as long as you will let me
And I never minded standin' in the rain
But you don't have to call me darlin' darlin'
You never even call me by my name.
:)
DAC is a legend!

too damn hot !! and this is my weather station that in partially in shade !! Cant imagine out in wide open !!
112 degrees heat index

sorry for cat hair = with this heat we are indoor cleaning and that was next for the vacuum

View attachment 108755
I hear ya. It's been mostly overcast today but the humidity has been killer. Finally got some rain a while ago (of course I was in the open working on the mower) so it cooled down a touch.

@cbmmm3's previous note made me want to relate what happened to me this last weekend. As I've mentioned here n there I have 4 granddaughters & 2 of them are very much into soccer. Been playing for years now from an early age. When the weather is pleasant it's a delightful experience to go to a game. But around here it's been so damn hot & we haven't got enough rain to help just enough to turn it into a steam bath the next day. Going to a soccer game when it's 95 deg at 95% humidity is cruel punishment.

That's what we were looking at for last Sunday. Then my older son in law Brandon gobsmacked me with some new technology. He just purchased what's called a Veo Live camera. It's a portable HD vid cam with audio. So far it sounds just another GoPro thing, right? But this sits on top of 24' telescoping pole with a tripod base. It has built in AI so it actually pans & follows the action. It zooms in and out a little. It even knows when its half time to pan to the left & show spectator activity on the side lines so your not just looking at an empty field, er, pitch.

To make this work he had to get a dedicated cell connection through Verizon. Then he sent us a connection link & after installing the VEO app on my phone & wife's Ipad we could watch the whole thing at home! But wait there's more! For the first time I tried streaming from my Samsung phone to our Samsung 55" TV. It worked. Now I'm watching the game live from the comfort of my recliner on a decent size screen. I felt I should have a beer but it was only 10:00 am.

But wait there's more! When Brandon sets this up through his phone app he can give priority to a Jersey number and the camera can give slight priority to following that & it does a pretty good job even when the number isn't visible, in this case number 38 The whole game is stored in the cloud somewhere so he gave the coaches access to them so it can be used for training purposes. Oh and also afterwards he can go to his phone app and select something like number 38 general and watch a real time edit showing only my granddaughters activity on the field. Or he can choose 38 highlights & watch the 2 goals she made. I love technology when it actually works.

I am not trying to promote the Veo live system & I don't care if you do or don't buy one. I get no sales commission. Just wanted to relate what a cool experience this was.

@cbmmm3's previous note made me want to relate what happened to me this last weekend. As I've mentioned here n there I have 4 granddaughters & 2 of them are very much into soccer. Been playing for years now from an early age. When the weather is pleasant it's a delightful experience to go to a game. But around here it's been so damn hot & we haven't got enough rain to help just enough to turn it into a steam bath the next day. Going to a soccer game when it's 95 deg at 95% humidity is cruel punishment.

That's what we were looking at for last Sunday. Then my older son in law Brandon gobsmacked me with some new technology. He just purchased what's called a Veo Live camera. It's a portable HD vid cam with audio. So far it sounds just another GoPro thing, right? But this sits on top of 24' telescoping pole with a tripod base. It has built in AI so it actually pans & follows the action. It zooms in and out a little. It even knows when its half time to pan to the left & show spectator activity on the side lines so your not just looking at an empty field, er, pitch.

To make this work he had to get a dedicated cell connection through Verizon. Then he sent us a connection link & after installing the VEO app on my phone & wife's Ipad we could watch the whole thing at home! But wait there's more! For the first time I tried streaming from my Samsung phone to our Samsung 55" TV. It worked. Now I'm watching the game live from the comfort of my recliner on a decent size screen. I felt I should have a beer but it was only 10:00 am.

But wait there's more! When Brandon sets this up through his phone app he can give priority to a Jersey number and the camera can give slight priority to following that & it does a pretty good job even when the number isn't visible, in this case number 38 The whole game is stored in the cloud somewhere so he gave the coaches access to them so it can be used for training purposes. Oh and also afterwards he can go to his phone app and select something like number 38 general and watch a real time edit showing only my granddaughters activity on the field. Or he can choose 38 highlights & watch the 2 goals she made. I love technology when it actually works.

I am not trying to promote the Veo live system & I don't care if you do or don't buy one. I get no sales commission. Just wanted to relate what a cool experience this was.
That's very thoughtful of your son in law to set that up. I know the heat is getting harder for me to take, and I've been in it all my life.

now that is damn awesome and prolly very welcome on these oppressive heat days. Yesterday the heat index only hit 110 but I was working on the homesite manning a shovel - and shoveling - as my excavator pushed topsoil up the house for final grade. I was baking in the sun and working for 5 hours. I did not drink enough water
I have no recollection of driving home yesterday and today I am whipped beyond whipped

now that is damn awesome and prolly very welcome on these oppressive heat days. Yesterday the heat index only hit 110 but I was working on the homesite manning a shovel - and shoveling - as my excavator pushed topsoil up the house for final grade. I was baking in the sun and working for 5 hours. I did not drink enough water
I have no recollection of driving home yesterday and today I am whipped beyond whipped
Damn. Double damn. You should hire people to do things like that. Gotta stay alive!

University of Florida. Gators.
Got it. Thanks.i might mention that the first electrolyte replacement drink was actually in Japan. It was called Pocari Sweat. Just a tiny bit of fructose lots of potassium, a touch of sodium n magnesium . A slight grapefruit taste

Haha etc mixes good with vodka if you aren't playing football.

Got it. Thanks.i might mention that the first electrolyte replacement drink was actually in Japan. It was called Pocari Sweat. Just a tiny bit of fructose lots of potassium, a touch of sodium n magnesium . A slight grapefruit taste

Haha etc mixes good with vodka if you aren't playing football.
LOVE me some Pocari Sweat! I brought a suitcase full of the stuff home from Japan last year!
Screenshot 2024-08-27 at 8.12.43 PM.png

Well Sirs, I've posted before but my all day cocktail is:
Orange slices, quartered to fill bottom third of large aluminum drinking cup
Add large chunk of ice (I freeze water in containers then break into large pieces)
In a 2 oz measuring glass, introduce 1 oz of vodka, then tip in a generous portion of Dirty Sue's dirty martini olive juice to taste.
Fill measuring glass to brim with carbonated water (to which one teaspoon of baking soda has been added to each carbonating bottle) else buy club soda to your liking.
Pour mixture into aluminum drinking cup, then fill to brim with more of the home made/bought club soda as necessary.
(Complex code follows!)

100 Refill as needed.
101 goto 100

1972 Rock Classics: Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Alice Cooper & more! | The Album Years Podcast​

*Steven and Tim discuss:

00:00:00 Introduction
00:00:54 Deep Purple - Machine Head / Made In Japan
00:06:41 Wishbone Ash - Argus
00:10:45 Black Sabbath - Vol.4
00:16:21 Hawkwind - Doremi Fasol Latido
00:21:56 Groundhogs - Who Will Save The World? / Hogwash
00:25:31 Status Quo - Piledriver
00:25:45 Thin Lizzy - Shades of a Blue Orphanage
00:27:20 Alice Cooper - School's Out

Back