Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm getting my parents into an assisted living facility. My wife and i are slated to head to Japan in late June. Miss you all! And music, too! Peace
I helped my parents move from SoCal to a facility about a mile from me in 2021. My dad passed away last year, but mom’s still going strong.

Will you be taking your shopping cart to Japan?

I helped my parents move from SoCal to a facility about a mile from me in 2021. My dad passed away last year, but mom’s still going strong.

Will you be taking your shopping cart to Japan?
I'm sorry for your loss. Glad your mom is still going strong. It may be the reverse situation for me. We shall see.
Things are so tight on the streets of Tokyo, i think the shopping cart will have to stay stateside. Maybe a woodcutter's backpack?
1678892983964.png

I'm sorry for your loss. Glad your mom is still going strong. It may be the reverse situation for me. We shall see.
Things are so tight on the streets of Tokyo, i think the shopping cart will have to stay stateside. Maybe a woodcutter's backpack?
View attachment 89684
Clement, thanks for providing me the impetus to queue up “Woodchoppers Ball” by Ten Years After!

View attachment 89684
There is a live street cam in Aki:

https://www.webcamtaxi.com/en/japan/tokyo/akihabara.html
You should pick a convenient day time for you and not too inconvenient for us & be there. Wave to everyone on QQ. Or maybe do a Silly Walk across the intersection!:ROFLMAO:
:love:

Thanks Sonic. My 14 year old would love this but dont think hes old enough for an intnl DL to drive in Japan.....

By the way there is an electronics district in Osaka too where used records can be found....

Dad almost made it to 98, so he had a heck of a run. We were pretty sure about two weeks before, so it wasn't a shock, but thank you for the sympathy. I'm lucky to have had him for so long. How many other 74-year-olds could say they had both Mom and Dad?

Today is the anniversary of the passing of my mentor and spiritual advisor. Here's something that came tumbling out of me spontaneously after the teacher said, "Take One." I won't bore you with the story of the filming, but i did want to pass along my memories of Bill . . . mostly so i can remember him and his words on this day and every day. I wish you all peace . . .

Last edited:
I was searching for some Technical Articles on my PC when I stumbled across this. I can't remember if I posted this before, its from 2007. I was working for a Semiconductor start-up in the centre of Bath, our office was right next to the river that runs through the city centre. We noticed some activity on the opposite bank, and some people lassoed something, then moored it up, circled in Red............................a Dead Cow!
Dead Cow.JPG

I was searching for some Technical Articles on my PC when I stumbled across this. I can't remember if I posted this before, its from 2007. I was working for a Semiconductor start-up in the centre of Bath, our office was right next to the river that runs through the city centre. We noticed some activity on the opposite bank, and some people lassoed something, then moored it up, circled in Red............................a Dead Cow!
View attachment 89749
Ok now in replying I'm trying hard not to use the painfully obvious exclaimative. So instead I'm visualizing the conversation surrounding this incident.

"Bullocks! What's that bobbin' about the dock?"
"Dunno. Maybe we should lasso it & see what it is. Anyone here know how to lasso?"
"Cor! Blimey! It's a properly dead floating cow. What should we do with it?"
"Tether to the boat & we'll drop it off in Bear Flat. They will know what to do with it.

Anyway, about looking for tech info on your PC, here's a little tool I always recommend that can keep some it straight for reference:

https://www.belarc.com/products/belarc-advisor
As it says it builds a detailed profile of both your hardware & software. Don't remeber specifics on your video card? It's there. Don't remeber your Win activation number or serial numbers on your HDD's? It's there. And can be printed out or saved as HTML & put on a flash drive. Yes, it is safe. I've used it for many years, decades really, & it's also super useful if you need to trouble someone else's computer cuz fer sure they will not know what's in the box.

Last edited:
Ok now in replying I'm trying hard not to use the painfully obvious exclaimative. So instead I'm visualizing the conversation surrounding this incident.

"Bullocks! What's that bobbin' about the dock?"
"Dunno. Maybe we should lasso it & see what it is. Anyone here know how to lasso?"
"Cor! Blimey! It's a properly dead floating cow. What should we do with it?"
"Tether to the boat & we'll drop it off in Bear Flat. They will know what to do with it.

Anyway, about looking for tech info on your PC, here's a little tool I always recommend that can keep some it straight for reference:

https://www.belarc.com/products/belarc-advisor
As it says it builds a detailed profile of both your hardware & software. Don't remeber specifics on your video card? It's there. Don't remeber your Win activation number or serial numbers on your HDD's? It's there. And can be printed out or saved as HTML & put on a flash drive. Yes, it is safe. I've used it for many years, decades really, & it's also super useful if you need to trouble someone else's computer cuz fer sure they will not know what's in the box.
That looks a very useful tool, I've downloaded but not installed yet - as I'm going down the pub!

It wouldn't have helped my search though as I was looking for an article I saved on IEEE1588 Timing Synchronisation, but I knew I hadn't named it properly so folder search didn't work.

Last edited:
View attachment 89749

It's not dead. It's pinin'

Doug

Back