Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
myself and another QQ member have something for JohnN to consider --- ;)

tullquilt.jpeg

Spring ? I can only wish......

this is the seventh out of the last 9 weekends we have had a winter storm. Why the weekends ?

Hazardous Weather Outlook
National Weather Service Grand Rapids MI
443 AM EDT Sat Mar 25 2023

MIZ037>040-043>046-050>052-056>059-064>067-071>074-260845-
Mason-Lake-Osceola-Clare-Oceana-Newaygo-Mecosta-Isabella-Muskegon-
Montcalm-Gratiot-Ottawa-Kent-Ionia-Clinton-Allegan-Barry-Eaton-
Ingham-Van Buren-Kalamazoo-Calhoun-Jackson-
443 AM EDT Sat Mar 25 2023

This hazardous weather outlook is for portions of southwest Lower
Michigan.

.DAY ONE...Today and Tonight

Snow, heavy at times is expected across Central Lower Michigan
today. A wintry mix of precipitation is expected north of
Interstate 96 up through U.S. 10. If traveling north of Interstate
96 today be prepared to encounter winter weather including
slippery travel.

Strong wind gusts are possible this afternoon and evening. Wind
gusts to around 40 mph are likely.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Sunday through Friday

No hazardous weather is expected at this time.

The 'hardstanding' which I used to turn the car in had, due to its clay base turned into a softstanding car trap (204bhp doesn't go well with clay & gravel!). So I decided to have the whole drive, walls, flower bed, ripped out & dug up, and will be replaced with a much smaller flower bed & wall, the drive & hardstanding with gravel in an interlocked rigid grid and better drainage etc. underneath ..... all of which will leave me considerably poorer! It rained last night.

Front_2.jpg

The 'hardstanding' which I used to turn the car in had, due to its clay base turned into a softstanding car trap (204bhp doesn't go well with clay & gravel!). So I decided to have the whole drive, walls, flower bed, ripped out & dug up, and will be replaced with a much smaller flower bed & wall, the drive & hardstanding with gravel in an interlocked rigid grid and better drainage etc. underneath ..... all of which will leave me considerably poorer! It rained last night.

View attachment 89982
Hopefully, Dunc, the driver will likewise be replaced with a more responsible ONE!

R.f760460c3dd2a2f84b1e54813ffdc090

Last edited:

View attachment 89982

Today I learned a new word:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardstand
I will try to use it three times in casual conversation tomorrow!

Projects like that are never very gratifying. Besides being expensive it's frequently just to maintain something a home owner didn't want to mess with in the first place.

Back