Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm here in deep deep south Texas. Just a slight veer to the north and POW!
View attachment 107183
Yeah it sucks. Idalia came onshore the west coast of Florida and passed over us as a CAT 3. We DD'd out the day before to Marianna FL and came back the next day. A two hour trip to Marianna pre-hurricane, a six hour trip home post-hurricane. Often we had to wait while crews or individuals cleared fallen trees from the roadways. We could not get down our 100'ish yard long driveway upon return. Took me a week to clear the driveway in the September heat. Not one tree across the driveway was from my property, but from the neighbors. I'm still clearing broken and leaning trees that fall over my driveway from time to time and the neighbors who own the property have done nothing to help me with their mess.

Yeah it sucks. Idalia came onshore the west coast of Florida and passed over us as a CAT 3. We DD'd out the day before to Marianna FL and came back the next day. A two hour trip to Marianna pre-hurricane, a six hour trip home post-hurricane. Often we had to wait while crews or individuals cleared fallen trees from the roadways. We could not get down our 100'ish yard long driveway upon return. Took me a week to clear the driveway in the September heat. Not one tree across the driveway was from my property, but from the neighbors. I'm still clearing broken and leaning trees that fall over my driveway from time to time and the neighbors who own the property have done nothing to help me with their mess.
sucks to have shitty neighbors. we have same situation on one side of our house. the neighbors on the other side are fantastic

and - yes - no more hurricanes for Boonie

Last edited:

Monolith could be removed after curious crowds swarm Colorado farm​

Morning Fresh Dairy Farm saw hundreds of visitors over the weekend, owner Lori Graves said

...One person drove a car through the corn fields killing the crops that provide food for the company’s cows, Graves said. Others have hopped fences or cut the barbed wire to access the monolith.

Many previous monoliths popped up on public lands; this one is distinct because it’s located on private property. Graves surmises that others were quickly taken down to avoid the negative impacts of increased visitation...

https://www.denverpost.com/2024/07/01/monolith-bellvue-morning-fresh-dairy-farm-crowds-removal/

1719941110128.png

Morning Fresh Dairy Farm saw hundreds of visitors over the weekend, owner Lori Graves said

...One person drove a car through the corn fields killing the crops that provide food for the company’s cows, Graves said. Others have hopped fences or cut the barbed wire to access the monolith.

Many previous monoliths popped up on public lands; this one is distinct because it’s located on private property. Graves surmises that others were quickly taken down to avoid the negative impacts of increased visitation...

https://www.denverpost.com/2024/07/01/monolith-bellvue-morning-fresh-dairy-farm-crowds-removal/

View attachment 107188
:unsure: if it fell on you would you see the stars? :alien:

View attachment 107188
"People, they are the worst". - Seinfeld

"People, they are the worst". - Seinfeld
The one thing that disturbs me the most is when someone has a bad car/truck accident, why in the world do people want to watch the aftermath. I have been in a wrecked car once and the last thing you want to see is a crowd of people staring at you or what's left of your car/truck.

The one thing that disturbs me the most is when someone has a bad car/truck accident, why in the world do people want to watch the aftermath. I have been in a wrecked car once and the last thing you want to see is a crowd of people staring at you or what's left of your car/truck.
Well, if the wreck involves a looong backup, you’re damn right people are going to want to see what just cost them an hour of their life. Plus you’re in a backup, what else do you have to do?

I'm still clearing broken and leaning trees that fall over my driveway from time to time and the neighbors who own the property have done nothing to help me with their mess.

Despite our well deserved New Jersey reputation for being a bunch of pricks, in our neighborhood when a tree falls on a neighbor's property we cut and clear it out for them. But sometimes, we do it ourselves if the neighbor is elderly and can't handle it. (However, we will fell a standing tree onto anyone's house displaying a Dallas Cowboys banner. LOL)

I finally got my car back from the repairers this morning, they have done a wonderful job repairing the damage I did by driving into the side of a van. I asked how much it had cost the insurance company they said about £8k!!! They had to replace the whole front bumper section which is plastic so expected, the bonnet (on the other side of the pond its the hood) had some dents, and the headlight was scuffed, so the bonnet was replaced, the whole matrix LED headlight unit was replaced (about £2.5k apparently, and the old one was working!). Nobody repairs anything anymore..... mind you I think I got of lightly as the insurance only went up by £350.
car front.jpg

I finally got my car back from the repairers this morning, they have done a wonderful job repairing the damage I did by driving into the side of a van. I asked how much it had cost the insurance company they said about £8k!!! They had to replace the whole front bumper section which is plastic so expected, the bonnet (on the other side of the pond its the hood) had some dents, and the headlight was scuffed, so the bonnet was replaced, the whole matrix LED headlight unit was replaced (about £2.5k apparently, and the old one was working!). Nobody repairs anything anymore..... mind you I think I got of lightly as the insurance only went up by £350.
View attachment 107194
No such thing as a minor accident anymore. They've made cars so complex and high tech that the bill starts at $5000. The back bumper, with all the cameras and sensors is even worse.

View attachment 107194
DUNC, that'll teach you NOT to play Warner Brothers BEST OF SOUND FX DVD~A 5.1 CRASH! BANG! BOOM! while operating a motor vehicle!

Primary

View attachment 107194
Long ago, "bondo" or plastic fillers were basically unheard of. Lead was used for filler. Doubt anyone does that anymore. Interesting to watch, though.

No such thing as a minor accident anymore. They've made cars so complex and high tech that the bill starts at $5000. The back bumper, with all the cameras and sensors is even worse.
Same with the windshield...there are so many functions built into that area...it used to be included on most insurance policies...now...not so much..

Despite our well deserved New Jersey reputation for being a bunch of pricks, in our neighborhood when a tree falls on a neighbor's property we cut and clear it out for them. But sometimes, we do it ourselves if the neighbor is elderly and can't handle it. (However, we will fell a standing tree onto anyone's house displaying a Dallas Cowboys banner. LOL)
When I think of New Jersey...different images come to mind...when I was a kid we had family vacations in Wildwood and Cape May...my mom loved Cape May with the Victorian Houses...no burger joints...like something from the past....as adult in the 80's... I preferred Avalon and Stone Harbor...always stayed at the Windrift Hotel....they had a kick ass band playing there at night...in the daylight I would drive to Atlantic City and do some gambling...always went in the summer(y)

When I think of New Jersey...different images come to mind...when I was a kid we had family vacations in Wildwood and Cape May...my mom loved Cape May with the Victorian Houses...no burger joints...like something from the past....as adult in the 80's... I preferred Avalon and Stone Harbor...always stayed at the Windrift Hotel....they had a kick ass band playing there at night...in the daylight I would drive to Atlantic City and do some gambling...always went in the summer(y)
When I was 5, my Mom and I took a train from Tampa to NJ. My Mother's sister and husband lived there. My uncle was a Chief Engineer in the Merchant Marines and had taken time off for our visit. Almost daily ferry trips to NY; Bronx Zoo, Central Park, subway rides. All dazzling for a 5 year old.
I remember picnics as well. I thought the area quite nice.
Last time in Jersey was to report to Ft. Dix to go overseas.

Is that a drink or a fruit cocktail :rolleyes:
Yes.
I've visited NOLA 3 times & been to O'briens each time. Tourist trap I know but still it's a must for me. Truly... favorite drink was called The Skylab. Blue like that stuff they drink in Detroit. I've never researched it but when I asked our server said it was mainly 4 or 5 liquors with some fruit juice. 😵‍💫

Back