Spinning on the Turntable now...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw him 5 times I think. He got better and better with age. He was so incredible! My opinion is that is was the greatest guitar player who ever lived. Just my opinion, I know many people will disagree.
IMHO, Jeff Beck is #2 of all rock guitar players, living or dead, head and shoulders. Hendrix would be #1.

Spinning Hiromi's latest. Just saw her on tour, where she autographed the album for me. Listening through the SM v.2 makes me feel as if i'm on stage with the quartet!
Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 12.29.13 PM.png
https://www.allmusic.com/album/sonicwonderland-mw0004070958
https://www.discogs.com/release/29201179-Hiromis-Sonicwonder-Sonicwonderland

IMHO, Jeff Beck is #2 of all rock guitar players, living or dead, head and shoulders. Hendrix would be #1.
I think most people would put Hendrix #1. Well, most rock fans. A lot of folks give him credit for his experimentation with the instrument, and taking guitar playing to a different level. Beck was using feedback before Hendrix really came on the scene. But, Hendrix was much more of a showoff with his skills. I mean that in a good way. Beck didn't like the attention, and seemed to self-destruct when he got more famous. Like leaving the tour with the original Rod Stewart/Ron Wood group. Forming a power trio with Bogert and Appice, which didn't really fit his style, imo. I don't think it was until he started doing all that session work in the late 80's that he gained the self-confidence he needed. Others may disagree, just my opinion. I love Hendrix, but my dad was a HUGE Jeff Beck fan, so growing up listening to Beck so much, I am sure plays into my thinking.

If you've followed the Austin music scene for any length of time, you'll know this name. Uber-vibey, super-cool guitarist Kevin McKinney. Shit Drawer Vol. 1. I fooled around with the sides a bit when I cut it so it jumped out at ya a bit on vinyl. Local audiophiles loved it. 50 copies, beautifully pressed locally at Gold Rush Vinyl. Don't think there are any left, but streamable. This one's kind of a Beck meets QOTSA vibe...it rocks.
IMG_1095 2.jpeg

Back