Steven Wilson Steven Wilson - The Harmony Codex (2023)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harmony Codex Deluxe Box Set via Burning Shed.
Ordered Aug 29th
Delay Notice Sept 27th
Shipping Oct 5th
Arrive Oct 10th.

Pretty good I think.

I also ordered the upcoming Camel-Box Set from Burning Shed Oct 6th.
Harmony Codex Deluxe Box Set via official SW shop
Ordered Sept. 1st
Delay Notice -none-
Shipping (Notice) -none-
Arrive Oct. 7th

It was sent at Sep. 28th as seen on the package. That's OK.

Listening now to Dolby ATMOS at 78-80db.
Very big/powerful recording, can't comment on how I like it, only on Track 2.

LFE (bass) heavy. I am ripping CD 1 & 2 while listening and my table is shaking a bit, hope the CD rips come out OK, haha :ROFLMAO: :SB
Yes, it has a good dynamic range. So cranking it up is a MUST, isn't it? :LOL:

Harmony Codex Deluxe Box Set via official SW shop
Ordered Sept. 1st
Delay Notice -none-
Shipping (Notice) -none-
Arrive Oct. 7th

It was sent at Sep. 28th as seen on the package. That's OK.
You’ve missed out on the rollercoaster of emotions that come with the pain of delay followed by the elation of the eventual shipping notice.

I think that experience has prepared some of us for the depths of emotions – :):cry::love:😲 – that we expect to feel on this new release.

Or not.

You’ve missed out on the rollercoaster of emotions that come with the pain of delay followed by the elation of the eventual shipping notice.

I think that experience has prepared some of us for the depths of emotions – :):cry::love:😲 – that we expect to feel on this new release.

Or not.
It was a painful time not knowing to get it delivered or not!

Is anyone else really butt-hurt about gatekeeping the Atmos Instrumentals in the box set? All this does is create this - STEVEN WILSON THE HARMONY CODEX LIMITED EDITION 3-DISC DELUXE BOXSET (SOLD OUT) | eBay

Want to release neat boxsets with trinkets for the super fans? Fine - I get it. But for the rest of us normies that just want the content, gatekeeping versions of the album behind these box-sets is lame. Re-press the standard Blu-ray with the instrumentals. Charge more, whatever - it's not about the money. It's about the availability.

Then SW pulls this garbage about "buy the DIGITAL album while you still can otherwise it goes away forever....". Apple was accused of this marketing tactic (whether it was real or not is beside the point) with iPhones for the longest time - creating an exaggerated demand to get people to buy, ie, taking advantage of the human condition of fear of missing out. For physical goods, ok fine - marketing and there are very real supply chain constraints. For infinitely deployable digital music, this is an incredibly disappointing move by SW.

I'm tapping out - done supporting gatekeeping tactics and the Artists that support it. Support IAA, maybe someday this garbage will stop.

Hi, I ripped the videos, but I do not know what the names are, long story, my Blu Ray player is acting up.
The video that starts off with train is called?
The other one is called?

I just want the stand alone Blu-ray.

Does anyone know if it is ever going to be released here in the states? None of the usual places (Amazon, etc.) have it.

I had no problem. There are two videos....EOS and THC (the song not the hemp).
I went through it again, if I select an audio choice first, then scroll over to BONUS it lights up and works.
I was confused as the vocal and instrumental choices are lit up all the time.
I do not get a Dolby Atmos signal when playing the 2 videos so I believe they are 5.1 or are they stereo?
When I ripped them via MKV there was only stereo LPCM as a choice, so I think the two videos are stereo, but of course your AVR can manipulate the stereo signal?

I just want the stand alone Blu-ray.

Does anyone know if it is ever going to be released here in the states? None of the usual places (Amazon, etc.) have it.
Check if Amazon UK has the option to ship to the US. I've already ordered CDs to Poland from the American Amazon several times and there were no problems, so maybe it's possible the other way around too.

Finally in the house!! Going to wait until the new receiver is here and hooked up so I can hear this in full.

When I added this to my Discogs account, I can see the highest selling price for this deluxe set is $339.51.

However, if you really want to go crazy, you can get it on eBay for $650. I do think the $10 shipping cost is a rip-off. If you’re going to sell something like this for $650, at least make the buyer feel they’re getting a good deal by shipping it for free.

Or you can join the 2 people who are up to 24 competing bids for a copy in Germany. They’ve taken it from a starting price of about $300 to $445 now. I did add that one to my Watchlist so I can see which one prevails, or if someone swoops in at the last moment to steal it from both of them.

Looks like @Patrick Cleasby wrote this review, rather than Paul?
That's strange, why multiple bylines on the page

1697151241472.png

I guess it's just what they do at SDE.

This text appears at the end of the review of the prime version, while the review has a similar header as above.

The Harmony Codex was reviewed by Alexis Petridis. It’s out today on Virgin Records.

On Sunday morning I ordered the Blu-ray on amazon.co.uk, and this morning it was already here (in Poland). I see it's still available, so buy it. :)
Since the day of its premiere, I've been listening to it almost every day in stereo with CD, but I'm very curious how it sounds in Atmos. I'll listen to it tonight. 🤩
Unfortunately I've ordered it from SW store before was released and still didn't get it in Canada.I realize that my old country Poland is much closer to UK than Canada;)

Back