Streaming Atmos: Do you lose any fidelity with a Tidal Atmos stream compared to a Blu-ray Atmos?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Competition between the streaming providers will compel one of them to add the lossless Atmos as a differentiator, possibly at a higher price tier. Just like it happened with HD stereo streaming, someone would start first, others will have to follow. The pure music Atmos is relative novelty, but for new movies is now a default, so it won’t be another dying format.
From your lips to Gods Ear. I do believe your right on that, it took us how many years of bitching to get lossless 2ch streaming? Heck Spotify still says its lossless 2ch is "just around the corner" after 3 years of promise. :mad:
What a sad situation with them. :(
Atmos music is here to stay, the current releases of a large percentage of popular genre's seems to include a Atmos mix on Apple. I would hope for a more widespread release of either BD discs or downloads but that's a bit iffy.

I just want to say that streaming platforms are offering the minimum resolution of atmos, as they don't want to compete with the record labels that are interested in selling the physical BD format.
Upgrading the resolution for streaming is very easy and being able to make m4a TruHD Atmos files is also very easy, since I have managed to do it.
Anyway, very soon, atmos streaming will improve a lot and you will be able to buy TrueHD Atmos files.

I just want to say that streaming platforms are offering the minimum resolution of atmos, as they don't want to compete with the record labels that are interested in selling the physical BD format.
Upgrading the resolution for streaming is very easy and being able to make m4a TruHD Atmos files is also very easy, since I have managed to do it.
Anyway, very soon, atmos streaming will improve a lot and you will be able to buy TrueHD Atmos files.
Do you think being able to buy lossless atmos files would impact physical bd sales?

Do you think being able to buy lossless atmos files would impact physical bd sales?
I'm sure that lossless atmos files will have a negative impact on the BD industry. For that very reason there is some restriction or agreement with Dolby Labs so that this doesn't happen at the moment and streaming platforms only offer lossy format. But there are already people who sell lossless atmos, specifically the one from a Mr. Big album.
I prefer atmos files on my hard drive to the annoying BD taking up space on my shelf and putting them on and off the player tray to select a certain song.

Back